Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok peoples. I got a q. which is better to modify, 1127 or 1052? i have a 1127, but it feel a little sluggish compared to my 750 (?) I want to throw the motor in and make a punjib whoadie 7/11, but i also have access to a 1052 motor. Both motors emacculate and recently rebuilt ( gaskets, rings, whatnot) so i need to know which one is more "bulletproof". I dont feel like running from the cops and oil shooting everywhere (and get caught). 1127 doesnt sound bad, but then again neither does the 1052. Or maybe 906:)??? Or simply go all out and get the big daddy busa in the 91 gixxer.Pics and posts are comming real soon, so sit tight. plus i forgot to mention, $$ no object ( well i hope 7gs is enough)

[ 10-29-2002, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: ZUKILVR ]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Either of those motors would be a fine choice for your application but The 1127 is probably a little better engine especially if you have one with the forked rocker head(instead of shim under bucket.1127 has a better starter. And i think you can actually make the 1127 bigger overallcc's(when modifying bore/stroke). It's kind of a toss up depending upon what you want to do If you aren't going to really lean on it or build it then I would by which ever one was cheaper.(if they were in the same condition) I hear 1100 Katana blocks were actually cast a little thicker(thus stronger) than the GSXR 1100 blocks becuase wight was not an issue and quieting internal noises heard outside of the block was. Be patient maybe some one who knows a little more will chime in.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have heard the 1052 motors have a stronger crank.
But for a money no object motor, go witht he 1127.
It will go bigger, and make more power, but buy the right parts, or it will cost more in the long run.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by ZUKILVR:
Ok peoples. I got a q. which is better to modify, 1127 or 1052? i have a 1127, but it feel a little sluggish compared to my 750 (?) I want to throw the motor in and make a punjib whoadie 7/11, but i also have access to a 1052 motor. Both motors emacculate and recently rebuilt ( gaskets, rings, whatnot) so i need to know which one is more "bulletproof". I dont feel like running from the cops and oil shooting everywhere (and get caught). 1127 doesnt sound bad, but then again neither does the 1052. Or maybe 906:)??? Or simply go all out and get the big daddy busa in the 91 gixxer.Pics and posts are comming real soon, so sit tight. plus i forgot to mention, $$ no object ( well i hope 7gs is enough)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've always been of the opinion that way too much is just about right... so 1127 sounds like the deal to me... except, if you've got an 1127 that feels "sluggish" compared to a 750, there's something wrong with it...

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, what i meant by "sluggish" was it doesnt have that peppy sound. You know, u blip the throttle and it hit like 8g's. The 750 was heavily worked on, so maybe thats why.the 1127 bone stock with 15,000 mi. How much work is required to flip the script?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup. The 750 is BUILT. Crankshaft, rods, pistons, under cut gears, etc. I just want to know if i should waste my time flipping motors. 1127 does have balls, but riding them back to back seems like they shrink compared to the 750.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dude of course the 750 will rev quicker, and being built and all sure helps the stock 1127 motor feel soft, A quick hop up for the 1127 is to put a newer sling-shot 750 head on it have the cams deg. and she will make a 140 HP all day with a set of Kehin 41mm flat slides. Any more power than that and thats when she starts to crack her crank.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by RocketRM:
Dude of course the 750 will rev quicker, and being built and all sure helps the stock 1127 motor feel soft, A quick hop up for the 1127 is to put a newer sling-shot 750 head on it have the cams deg. and she will make a 140 HP all day with a set of Kehin 41mm flat slides. Any more power than that and thats when she starts to crack her crank.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ok, now we're talking buisness. I want to know what i can do with what i got. bone stock 89 1100, and a built 91 750. U said somethin about swappin heads?? no worry on the crank, its a Falicon. As for cams, they're yosh. Dont forget the 1127 is bone stock.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by karl_1052:
I have heard the 1052 motors have a stronger crank.
But for a money no object motor, go witht he 1127.
It will go bigger, and make more power, but buy the right parts, or it will cost more in the long run.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">By what u said, "buy the right parts" where should i be looking for the good products? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I can't personally vouch for them, but most guys
here will say APE raceparts are your one stop
shop.

Go to: GSXR Zone

There you will find a pretty comprehensive
selection of hot up bits.

Hope this helps,
Adrock.

·
Registered
763 Posts
ZUKILVR,

I have to say from experience both motors will break or damage cranks, but, I would go with the 1127 if it were my $$$$'s. Allot can be done to either motor, but the 1127 is the most popular.

There are builders out there that can build you a motor for less than 7 G's and you will have true street power, that will kick it with the busa's and zx-12's all day.

But, no matter what the biggest thing to make sure you change is go to stronger rods, whether it be shot-peened, balanced & polished stock ones, or Falicons or Carillo's, this is one of the weak links in these motors to start with.

Get that solved put on a ported and polished slingshot head w/oversized valves, good cams, a big bore kit with an aluminum block and you are ready to run.

Good luck with whatever you do.

There are some good builders out there AND ON THIS SITE AS WELL IN THIS FORUM, CYCLE CONCEPTS for one, Fast By Gast, Fish's Customs and few other guys that do great work on the side and
I am sure there are guys on here that have a list of guys that can help you liven the 1100 up as far and as fast as you want to go and make BIG HP's

Later.

JDB1371

·
Registered
222 Posts
WITH A 1127 YOU CAN GO TO A 1216 KIT ANY LARGER AND YOUR ASKING FOR TROUBLE IVE HAD BOTH WITH AND WITH OUT PISTON KITS I LIKE THE 1052 WITH THE 1109 KIT WHICH IS A STOCK 1127 PISTON IN A 1052 THAT MAKES FOR A NICE MOTOR ,WISECO SELLS KITS FOR ABOUT 400 BUCKS, MY ADVICE FOR YOU IS FOR THE COST/EASE IS TO BUY A SET OF 38 MIKUNI FLAT SLIDES
AND PUT THEM ON YOUR STOCK 1127 WITH A V&H ING ADVANCER AND WOW IT WILL WAKE IT UP ,I LIKE THE 38 OVER THE 40 FOR THE STREET THEY FLOW BETTER AT LOWER RPMS YOU DONT NEED TO REV IT WAY UP FOR THE POWER

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have a friend who's taken an 1127 to 1460 unfrortunately it killed itself and he's managed to get 422 rwbhp from a 1216 anyway, with turbo and nitrous of course....... The 1460 is being rebuilt for next season..........

Andy

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes if you are looking for a builder, Cycle Concepts built me a killer 1255 from an old 1052 I had laying around. They did it right and on a budget. My bike is actually a bit quicker than they expected it to be.......how many times have you gotten more than what you payed for?
In my area 1371's and 1340's better look out in the 1/8
.Customer service is # 1. Dwayne drop shipped me one of his( personal) Nitrous bottles for me to use as a spare at a big race.Hell of a guy
.Couldn't recommend him or his business enough.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
the good ole 1052 vs 1127 debate!!!!! well for starters we have built many oilcooled gixxers and have had great results...for all intent and purposes it doesn't matter which one you get cause they both are good...

140hp and that's when they start to crack cranks,that's by no means true...it will take alot more than 140hp to crack a gsxr oilcooled crank...we have built oilcooled "outlaw" bikes with well over 400hp(n2o)that have bone staock cranks in them...no balancing,lightening etc...our shootout bike makes over 400hp(n2o)with stock watercool crank, our formula superbike makes 215 all motor with stock watercool crank...my point is gixxer are some tuff sob's...

now i will tell you if you are trying to build a motor that will make 220hp or better with the oilcool engine i would suggest a 91-92 1127 cause they came with a big output shaft bearing that will withstand just about anything...other than that it doesn't matter...if both motors are there for the same price get the 1127 just because it has a better resale value...

thanks guys!!!

dwayne aka "bbwatercool"

[ 11-04-2002, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Cycle Concepts ]

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
SPAZ RACING built me a killer 1216 from an 1127. johns a great guy he mostly does busa and 1000 stuff now but im sure he'd do another old school. anyway hes tops in my book and does great work and for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In my opinion the 1127 has always been better than 1052, not only because of possibility to rebuild it bigger and more powerful than the 1052, but also because of it is stronger and should have less problems, when built well.

I understood you are going to have this in 7/11?? In the 7/11's there is also some requirements for the engines size: height of it differ between 1052 & 1127, doesn't it??
Because of 1052 is lower, it is easier to fit in the 750's frame. I think you should also think about that detail...

Everybody more familiar with 7/11's please correct me, if I am bullshitting, without knowing that I am doing that.

BRgrds,
LEQ

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man, You guys are f**kin awsome. I didnt expect so much feed back from this topic. Anyways, the majority of you guys said to go with 1127, which ill end up doing. Cycle Concepts, do u guys have website? Is it possible you can get me a "menu"
for your services? Also tell me where u located. I e-mailed Lee's Performance and told him what I want to do, but i guess he's a busy man to respond. If worse comes to worse, I have all winter and a nice warm garage to do it in. A lot of nights of drinking and smokin and gixxin'. Once again, Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Originally posted by ZUKILVR:
Man, You guys are f**kin awsome. I didnt expect so much feed back from this topic. Anyways, the majority of you guys said to go with 1127, which ill end up doing. Cycle Concepts, do u guys have website? Is it possible you can get me a "menu"
for your services? Also tell me where u located. I e-mailed Lee's Performance and told him what I want to do, but i guess he's a busy man to respond. If worse comes to worse, I have all winter and a nice warm garage to do it in. A lot of nights of drinking and smokin and gixxin'. Once again, Thanks a bunch.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">we are currently working on our website right now and should be up in a few weeks...as for our services, we do it all and at very affordable prices...if you would like a quote please call me and i will talk it over with you to let you know exactly waht you will be getting...we are never to busy or think we are to good to help a customer out...we enjoy building the old school just as much as the new stuff...looking forward to hearing from you...btw we are i lancaster,sc...check my signature for the addy and number...thanks..

dwayne

1 - 20 of 20 Posts