Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

161 - 180 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Suzuki didnt even start the production run of them yet... they may be here by August but will be surprised if they show up as a 19

jason
When you're right, you're right. Previous guy I was talking to was talking 18's. Still no 19's out. Been checking weekly with the local dealer and they don't have a clue. Very annoying. They've got an 18 on the floor that would probably go for a reasonable price, but I really prefer the 19 livery. Glad I'm not in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
When you're right, you're right. Previous guy I was talking to was talking 18's. Still no 19's out. Been checking weekly with the local dealer and they don't have a clue. Very annoying. They've got an 18 on the floor that would probably go for a reasonable price, but I really prefer the 19 livery. Glad I'm not in a hurry.
if you like the 18 get one, Suzuki is not making any 19s for the states. they did a short run of 500 for homogulation purposes and they were for Europe or Norway or some small country. we are not getting any. i dont know if the same color will be out for 20 i kind of hope so the black and red is pretty cool looking.

jason

·
Registered
22 Posts
if you like the 18 get one, Suzuki is not making any 19s for the states. they did a short run of 500 for homogulation purposes and they were for Europe or Norway or some small country. we are not getting any. i dont know if the same color will be out for 20 i kind of hope so the black and red is pretty cool looking.

jason
Well, this is depressing. I've been holding off for a few years now on trading in my Gen1 Busa for a Gen3 (that still doesn't have a release date). Decided to get a '19 GSX-R1000X instead, and now THAT'S not being sold in the U.S. :cursing

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #165

jason
Wait. WTF. Not making ANY for the US? How does that make any sense?

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Wait. WTF. Not making ANY for the US? How does that make any sense?

that is correct, they had to many 2018s left and wanted to lower current inventory levels. they did this in 2010 also.
as a dealer when there is this many around it drives the prices way down witch does a couple things that isnt good
1. devalues the product.
2. drives the used prices down. effecting trade values significantly.
3. dosent allow dealer to be profitable from any stand point. (when a dealer sells the product for 500 below cost just
to unload it, it makes being competitive impossible)

the only good thing is Suzuki is putting money in the customers pocket with the $1000 cash incentive or 0% interest.
along with the slip on ($600 value) there is good deal to be had. but when it comes time to sell it guess what it is
impossible to get your payoff or even get close to what you have in it back. if you purchased a R model in 2017 for 1000 less than retail (witch would have been a good deal then) and now you need to sell it. with rebates and dealers unloading you can
now purchase one for 12500 ( where the used value should be) your used bike is now worth 10k. or trading at 8-9k. so you have lost 6-8 grand in less than 2 years - this is not a good thing from anyone's stand point.

jason

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Well that's irritating. I appreciate the explanation tho. Guess I'll shop around and see what I can find for a deal on the 18's.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I have a 2017 1000R. 8-9K trade value? FML
right now yes, when a dealer looks at cycle trader or NPA and comes up with actual cash value that is the number they will put on it. we had a guy that wanted to trade a 18 zx10r with 600 miles in on a new GSXR and the ACV was only 9 grand he checked with. turns out the other dealership said the same thing. this is a real problem because there was 3 10r s with in 100 miles of us for 12500 with rebates ect. you obviously cant trade it for KBB if the new ones are selling for that.

the good new is once these units are gone and inventory returns to normally levels the used market should recover.

jason

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Ive made some initial enquiries here and there are no 2019's around, my local dealer says it is unlikely there will be either because there are still some 2017's around.

I'm after a base model price is $19900aud and they throw in a quickshifter.

Are there any mechanical issues, particularly engine, to be concerned about purchasing a new bike that has been sitting around for a couple of years?
There are some 2018's around but still the same question.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Ive made some initial enquiries here and there are no 2019's around, my local dealer says it is unlikely there will be either because there are still some 2017's around.

I'm after a base model price is $19900aud and they throw in a quickshifter.

Are there any mechanical issues, particularly engine, to be concerned about purchasing a new bike that has been sitting around for a couple of years?
There are some 2018's around but still the same question.
there have not been any major issues with the +17 bike 2 recalls in the US. (ecu and fuel pump o ring) they appear to have been a solid design. i have been inside several and the engine is a better design then the 09-16 the cases are thicker then the 07-08. i believe they will be more reliable then any of the older generations even being built.

here is no differences between the 17 and 18.

jason

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Had a local dealer here in TX just quote me $22,000 OTD for a 2018 1000R. I politely declined.

·
Registered
9 Posts

jason

Well, I guess Suzuki just lost a sale. I went down on Friday to purchase or order one in red/black, and was pretty much told the same thing - that they can't be ordered.

A call to Suzuki Motors of America in California customer service said to expect the new bikes hitting the US in August. By that time, I hope that they are 2020 model years. Who would buy a 19 at the end of the year, unless the deals are spectacular.

I was looking forward to taking advantage of the Yosh can deal also.

I can't wait a year, that's the entire summer so what do I look at now? Not a huge fan of the ergos on the R1, despite it's awesome sound and performance. I guess BMW or Honda. I hope that whatever I choose gets along with the DR650, V-Strom, and DRZ450 already in the garage...

Suzuki, what are you doing??? This is a poor management decision that is leaving money on the table. No other company has to pull this shit.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
They are trying to sell me a 2017 model down here, I've found a couple of 2018's
The dealer told me there aren't any plans to get any 2019's until there is reduced stock of the '17 and '18s
I couldn't bring myself to buy a 2 year old bike off the showroom floor.
So I went looking for a low Kilometre K6, 7000k's 7000 bucks. Full Micron system and PC
178rwh, I figure if I throw 5k into suspension and brakes I be a mile in front.
Special thanks to Carnage for his signature, that pointed me in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Well, I guess Suzuki just lost a sale. I went down on Friday to purchase or order one in red/black, and was pretty much told the same thing - that they can't be ordered.

A call to Suzuki Motors of America in California customer service said to expect the new bikes hitting the US in August. By that time, I hope that they are 2020 model years. Who would buy a 19 at the end of the year, unless the deals are spectacular.

I was looking forward to taking advantage of the Yosh can deal also.

I can't wait a year, that's the entire summer so what do I look at now? Not a huge fan of the ergos on the R1, despite it's awesome sound and performance. I guess BMW or Honda. I hope that whatever I choose gets along with the DR650, V-Strom, and DRZ450 already in the garage...

Suzuki, what are you doing??? This is a poor management decision that is leaving money on the table. No other company has to pull this shit.
from a dealer and manufacturer stand point it is a good decision - not brilliant but good. i really like the black and red personally. but left over inventory does nothing but makes the dealers and manufacturer less profitable. like it or not that is how we stay in business. Suzuki would not have any of the incentives or free yosh muffler on the 19 anyway if you could get one.

you should probably go ride one before you make a decision - and you can always have it painted for the cash you would save we do it all the time for customers. they truly are an amazing motorcycle.

jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
from a dealer and manufacturer stand point it is a good decision - not brilliant but good. i really like the black and red personally. but left over inventory does nothing but makes the dealers and manufacturer less profitable. like it or not that is how we stay in business. Suzuki would not have any of the incentives or free yosh muffler on the 19 anyway if you could get one.

you should probably go ride one before you make a decision - and you can always have it painted for the cash you would save we do it all the time for customers. they truly are an amazing motorcycle.

jason
You're right about the muffler, looks like the fine print says 17 and 18 models only.

I don't know how this could be a good decision for the dealers - it keeps the price high, but they can't sell what they don't have. So Suzuki, and the dealer is going to lose a sale. That's the bike, all the parts/accessories/oil/maintenance/service, etc. that the dealer could have otherwise cashed in on. Suzuki must be poor with making sales predictions, I remember when they skipped the '10 model year also.

I'm not too crazy about buying a "new" bike that is a year or two old. It would have to be a pretty good deal, what kind of discount should I expect? Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just picked up a "new" 2017 up at Montgomeryville Cycle Center up in Pennsylvania. Red with the "wait a few weeks for a free slip-on" deal. $9,998 + 599 destination/prep + 139 doc = $10,736 out the door. I'm an out of state buyer not registering for street use, so that avoided some unnecessary expenses for me.

There goes my amateur racing "retirement."

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just picked up a "new" 2017 up at Montgomeryville Cycle Center up in Pennsylvania. Red with the "wait a few weeks for a free slip-on" deal. $9,998 + 599 destination/prep + 139 doc = $10,736 out the door. I'm an out of state buyer not registering for street use, so that avoided some unnecessary expenses for me.

There goes my amateur racing "retirement."
that sounds like a great price! Considering you look wat used bikes are going for 08 up 7g up I’d spend the a few more dollars to get a brand spanking one too!

161 - 180 of 217 Posts