Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Also, if Suzuki is still running the free pipe deal, it goes through them. Dealership has nothing to do with it, other than telling Suzuki where to send it. Took a full month for mine to arrive.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
The Suzuki website is now showing the "2020" R's - looks like they just changed "2019" to "2020". Which makes since since they never really released the 2019 R's anyway. From what Karns said, the plan was to let the 2017s and 2018s sell out before bringing out the newer bike. Does this mean that the 2020's might actually be in dealers early next year? Sooner? Or are they still letting existing stock run out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I posted yesterday in the 750 section of the forum as I was supposed to pick up a leftover from a dealer. I ran into another problem, and this was all on them...

I was supposed to pay the deposit yesterday to lock in the purchase of the bike. The rep who I've been dealing with claiming that the "Boss" wanted to change the terms of the deal. We went back and forth by email as they were basically unwinding the deal.

The went from me required to pay credit card deposit to hold the bike to they required wire transfer which is non refundable. I said No Thanks!

The manager called me before the day ended and was honest and said he was using the bike as a bait and switch to lure in customers to buy.

To the recommendation of getting financing in advance was brilliant by the way. When I talked to one dealer, they said the best rate I could get if I had excellent credit was like 6%-9% on a new purchase of a sportbike. I then reached out to the bank directly which was advised and got rates as low as a third of what the dealer was offering.

As of right now, I'm back to square one and will keep looking.

Interestingly the local dealer who tried to sell me the GSXR-1000R has reached out to me and is asking I give them another try. I'm tempted to pass, just sick of the games. With winter around the corner and seeing less bikes selling I'm more tempted to pick up a used bike and be done with it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, what are the best current deals on a new 1k?
$10.8k for the base, and $12.6 for the RR, is the best I've found.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, what are the best current deals on a new 1k?
$10.8k for the base, and $12.6 for the RR, is the best I've found.

Thanks in advance.
For what it's worth, the $12.6 magically became $13.4 when I showed up to buy the bike.:mad:
It is what it is.
Guess I need a new screen name now. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anyone buy a 2020 R yet? I'm calling around right now checking OTD prices. Kinda hard to negotiate a price over the phone. I usually ask for cash price and walk out a few times..

Anyone know the Invoice price on these bad boys? 1000R model, of course. + Free Yosh alpha slip on.

Everything is shut down down here in socali. Panic over the corona flu virus

·
Administrator
15,293 Posts
Anyone buy a 2020 R yet? I'm calling around right now checking OTD prices. Kinda hard to negotiate a price over the phone. I usually ask for cash price and walk out a few times..

Anyone know the Invoice price on these bad boys? 1000R model, of course. + Free Yosh alpha slip on.

Everything is shut down down here in socali. Panic over the corona flu virus
What is a cash price? Dealers prefer you finance. I've never seen a bike or car go for cheaper because you're paying cash.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I guess its just something I say to discuss OTD price and cut out the dealer financing in order to get to a price.

Either way I went with Suzuki's 0% for 60 months. Cool thing though they are putting the yosh slip on on already. I thought I had to hassle sending away for it or something but I guess not. I'm on the way to grab it now.. 18K out the door. Now its time to fill up on goodies, woohoo!

·
Administrator
15,293 Posts
I guess its just something I say to discuss OTD price and cut out the dealer financing in order to get to a price.

Either way I went with Suzuki's 0% for 60 months. Cool thing though they are putting the yosh slip on on already. I thought I had to hassle sending away for it or something but I guess not. I'm on the way to grab it now.. 18K out the door. Now its time to fill up on goodies, woohoo!
That 0% is the only way I'd finance a bike. Congratulations, good luck with it!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks man. I forgot how much engine breaking these bikes have before de-SETing, not liking it, but that's a quick fix I guess

I really miss my Vesrah pads! Maybe after a quick canyon run tomorrow the pads will be more broken in. It was interesting to see the TC @10 light coming on, even after rolling on in 6th just putting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is a cash price? Dealers prefer you finance. I've never seen a bike or car go for cheaper because you're paying cash.
When I bought my 1000 L8, I was really out to buy a bike suited to the type of riding I planned to do - more sports touring,, even thought the GSX-R was always at the top of the "want" list. On that particular day the shop was due to close down for the xmas/new year break, so I thought I would take a serious look at what was available and if I saw a good deal I'd buy it. In other shops I looked at a few of 1000cc sports-tourers, but there was surprisingly few of them left as the whole country seemed to have a bike buying spree for the past few weeks. At one shop I spied a GSX-R1000R on sale, wow nice saving, but I just held back and decided to go to one last shop before committing to anything - or simply go home and look again after new year. In that last shop (I'm so glad I went there) as I was eyeing up a couple of other tourers (GSX-S1000's) the owner came over to offer help and I told him I'd just seen a couple of super deals on the R model. He asked me if I really wanted an R1000 to which I answered "oh I'd love to own one",, "oh yeah, well come over here and I'll give you the bargain of a lifetime", and took me over to the last two GSX-R1000 ABS's left in the shop. "How about one of these for the same price as the GSX-S1000?". As soon as I realized this was no joke, I pulled out a credit card and said "SOLD". In any currency the stated price is irrelevant, but at the same price as the GSX-S1000, it becomes very apparent, that's a great deal. At the time, I gave him a holding deposit (which is what he asked for) and said I'd be back as soon as they re-opened with the balance. I payed the price as a full on purchase, which he loved.. But yes, most bike shops seem to have their arranged finances for purchases because they make a few dollars from the finance companies each time they pull out the papers and sign you up...

Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
I only paid $14.2k for my "R" which was about $3k more than I paid for my old stock 14 GSXR that I got in 2016. With all of the added electronics, the new motor, and redesigned body it was a no brainer. I've never reffered to myself as a "mechanic", I've done minor maintenance on all of my GSXRs some work on my own cars. I was a service writer in some garages and I can tell you the "exotics" are always a PITA to work on. Even if all the bikes
Also, if Suzuki is still running the free pipe deal, it goes through them. Dealership has nothing to do with it, other than telling Suzuki where to send it. Took a full month for mine to arrive.
Do you know if they are still offering the free pipe? Or was that even for a 17? I wasn't told about this at the dealer. I just bought a brand new 17 gsxr 1000...OTD was $12,185 thats including everything an I paid cash. It had zero miles but the dealer did a 3 mile inspection run on the bike before I ever rode it. Any information would be much appreciated. Also I havent had the bike a whole week an I'm at 161 miles now...havent really put any miles on her except the 80 mile ride home from the dealer because the closer dealer was trying to up the price a little on their new 17's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Do you know if they are still offering the free pipe? Or was that even for a 17? I wasn't told about this at the dealer. I just bought a brand new 17 gsxr 1000...OTD was $12,185 thats including everything an I paid cash. It had zero miles but the dealer did a 3 mile inspection run on the bike before I ever rode it. Any information would be much appreciated. Also I havent had the bike a whole week an I'm at 161 miles now...havent really put any miles on her except the 80 mile ride home from the dealer because the closer dealer was trying to up the price a little on their new 17's.
The pipe promo sort of came in and out several months at a time. I would ask your dealer. It is possible they are running the deal still. If so, suzuki would be the ones sending it to you.

·
Registered
412 Posts
according to.. Offer Details - Promo you get $1500 Customer Cash, whatever that is.. maybe it was factored into your deal?

The 2020's get Yoshimura Alpha Signature Series Carbon Fiber Slip-On

201 - 217 of 217 Posts