Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

181 - 200 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
You're right about the muffler, looks like the fine print says 17 and 18 models only.

I don't know how this could be a good decision for the dealers - it keeps the price high, but they can't sell what they don't have. So Suzuki, and the dealer is going to lose a sale. That's the bike, all the parts/accessories/oil/maintenance/service, etc. that the dealer could have otherwise cashed in on. Suzuki must be poor with making sales predictions, I remember when they skipped the '10 model year also.

I'm not too crazy about buying a "new" bike that is a year or two old. It would have to be a pretty good deal, what kind of discount should I expect? Thanks!
2010 was a completely different animal the economy was in the toilet and no motorcycles were selling Suzuki didnt bring anything new in except an ATV and a dirtbike.

this is because there is too many world wide and dealers and Suzuki have plenty of 2018s in the warehouse. we can still order them from our local distribution center. like others ours can be had at cost. with the rebates and such you would be spending up to 3,500 less then a 2019. (30% off)

i personally think they should have brought out a few of the 2019 with limited production they would have held MSRP. it would give people true incentive to purchase the 2018 model.

but 3500 and a free muffler is a pretty strong incentive.

jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
2010 was a completely different animal the economy was in the toilet and no motorcycles were selling Suzuki didnt bring anything new in except an ATV and a dirtbike.

this is because there is too many world wide and dealers and Suzuki have plenty of 2018s in the warehouse. we can still order them from our local distribution center. like others ours can be had at cost. with the rebates and such you would be spending up to 3,500 less then a 2019. (30% off)

i personally think they should have brought out a few of the 2019 with limited production they would have held MSRP. it would give people true incentive to purchase the 2018 model.

but 3500 and a free muffler is a pretty strong incentive.

jason

Sounds good, thanks!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just noticed brand new 2017 GSX-R1000 ABS (Australian base model) are now on runout @ $17990 AUD ride away no more to pay, including free bonus factory quick shifter...

Down from full retail price on 2017 release of $22990... A full $5000 cheaper...

GSX-R1000 ABS - Features | Suzuki Motorcycles

As a comparison, when the 2016's where on runout (only one model with everything), you could pick one up for $15990...

Just shows how over priced the 2017 and up GSX-R1000's were IMO...

2017 GSX-R1000R on runout are still way expensive at $25990 ride away no more to pay, down from full retail price on 2017 release of $27490 ride away. Only $1500 off...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just an FYI for other people in Aus.

I went to the Suzuki held track day last week and asked the marketing people there if the 2019 models were coming to Aus and they said no. So a 2017 GSX-R1000R at $26k doesn't seem that appealing anymore when you have the 2019 BMW S10000RR coming out at the 25k? mark.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I paid $13,995 + tax/title/freight for OTD of $16,500 for a 2018 GSX-R1000R for black in Palmerton, PA last weekend and they wouldn't allow any of the Suzuki promos $1,000 off, free yoshi, or 0% financing). I'm kind of pissed because I really wanted blue and now that I'm on the forums I see the one guy paid only 11k for his and I see more advertised for 12k that I couldn't find on cycle trader. Even with shipping I could have saved $1,200-$2800.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just an FYI for other people in Aus.

I went to the Suzuki held track day last week and asked the marketing people there if the 2019 models were coming to Aus and they said no. So a 2017 GSX-R1000R at $26k doesn't seem that appealing anymore when you have the 2019 BMW S10000RR coming out at the 25k? mark.

Suzuki better start to offer and maintain unprecedented huge rebates if they want to sell any bikes...….

·
Registered
2 Posts
$12,999 plus freight, doc, tax = $14,454

With the 0% and the slip-on, I was totally convinced that they were going to bait and switch but they actually gave me this deal

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Thought I would share my recent attempt to purchase a 2018 GSXR1000R which our local dealership is advertising for $11,999.99. Yes that is the advertised price and there is no strings attached in the listing. I called up and asked to get a quote as I was interested.

The sales manager would not discuss numbers over the phone or through email as I selected the quote through the link on their site. The manage made it a point to talk in person only. The shop was not far from me and so I decided to head down.

When I arrived the staff greeted me and were friendly. I looked at all the bikes they were advertising I was interested in and also many leftover models. They had 2017 GSXR1000s not the R model. I was rather shocked to be honest but I'm aware there is a lot of people in our area who simply are not buying bikes. Leftover models are common.

Going into this I had looked over plans offered by Suzuki beforehand and am aware if you have good credit you can get a bike no problem. I wasn't into playing games with the staff so asked to apply for the GSXR1000R they were advertising for $11,999.99.. It took less than 5 mins to fill out the app and I was asked many times leading up to this point," How is your credit?" I knew credit would not be the issue on getting approved and putting money down as well. I was interested in getting a deal as the manager was assuring me he would offer the best deal.. The staff were all together in the room waiting on approval and I hear a loud excitement from them and one of the guys basically comes out and says " You can buy any bike on our showroom floor". So as they game played on, I said how much for the bike I came for? He works up a quote and sends it over. He shows me 72 months for $409 with all the add ons ( maintenance, gap coverage, etc for 4 yr term. ) Then it tiers down with several other payment plans and the last one was ( Gap and Oil Changes ) $309 a month for 72 months... I was upset as there is NO WAY I WOULD DROP $20k on a bike especially if they are advertising $11,999.99 for the R model and get this the leftover 17s Non R models are $9995.99 for the GSXR1000.

So they started blowing up my phone on Sat trying to get me to make a deal. I was nice when I left but they were playing games and I was not having it. I could call back and pressure them to sell the bike at the advertised price as they are not willing to show me the breakdown of fees. Also want to add the bike I want they are also trying to charge me for the Yoshi slip on that is supposed to be free when buying a GSXR1000 model. On the bottom of the quote in small print without the dealer add ons they had a price of $18,300 OTD...

Does anyone know of dealers with GSXR1000Rs who won't play games on the West Coast, NV, AZ, CA, UT area.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi,

Thought I would share my recent attempt to purchase a 2018 GSXR1000R which our local dealership is advertising for $11,999.99. Yes that is the advertised price and there is no strings attached in the listing. I called up and asked to get a quote as I was interested.

The sales manager would not discuss numbers over the phone or through email as I selected the quote through the link on their site. The manage made it a point to talk in person only. The shop was not far from me and so I decided to head down.

When I arrived the staff greeted me and were friendly. I looked at all the bikes they were advertising I was interested in and also many leftover models. They had 2017 GSXR1000s not the R model. I was rather shocked to be honest but I'm aware there is a lot of people in our area who simply are not buying bikes. Leftover models are common.

Going into this I had looked over plans offered by Suzuki beforehand and am aware if you have good credit you can get a bike no problem. I wasn't into playing games with the staff so asked to apply for the GSXR1000R they were advertising for $11,999.99.. It took less than 5 mins to fill out the app and I was asked many times leading up to this point," How is your credit?" I knew credit would not be the issue on getting approved and putting money down as well. I was interested in getting a deal as the manager was assuring me he would offer the best deal.. The staff were all together in the room waiting on approval and I hear a loud excitement from them and one of the guys basically comes out and says " You can buy any bike on our showroom floor". So as they game played on, I said how much for the bike I came for? He works up a quote and sends it over. He shows me 72 months for $409 with all the add ons ( maintenance, gap coverage, etc for 4 yr term. ) Then it tiers down with several other payment plans and the last one was ( Gap and Oil Changes ) $309 a month for 72 months... I was upset as there is NO WAY I WOULD DROP $20k on a bike especially if they are advertising $11,999.99 for the R model and get this the leftover 17s Non R models are $9995.99 for the GSXR1000.

So they started blowing up my phone on Sat trying to get me to make a deal. I was nice when I left but they were playing games and I was not having it. I could call back and pressure them to sell the bike at the advertised price as they are not willing to show me the breakdown of fees. Also want to add the bike I want they are also trying to charge me for the Yoshi slip on that is supposed to be free when buying a GSXR1000 model. On the bottom of the quote in small print without the dealer add ons they had a price of $18,300 OTD...

Does anyone know of dealers with GSXR1000Rs who won't play games on the West Coast, NV, AZ, CA, UT area.
For what it’s worth.... I got mine (‘17 R) for 15500 OTD but I also know the dealer I bought it from. I simply looked on cycletrader for the best prices, emailed the dealerships, and asked for best price OTD with a cashiers check for payment. Dealers won’t be afraid to send u a price (without a vin). With a VIN, they usually won’t, as it’s a price match tool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I know Im not in the 1000 club, but I just traded in a brand new 2018 Ninja 400 for a brand new 2019 GSXR-750. This was my first time in 12 years I was back in a gixxer and very first time into my favorite bike, the 750. I purchased my Ninja 400 for 4399, and got my GSXR Out the door for $8800. MSRP was 12499. Yeah, you never win on deals like this, but I was extremely satisfied to be out the door at this price.

Im a previous GSXR 600 owner X 2. (1993 and 2007). After a 12 year hiatus, I thought a Ninja 400 would be great. I got a KRT edition which looked awesome and it was the perfect commuter, but the GSXR 750 was calling my name lol!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I know Im not in the 1000 club, but I just traded in a brand new 2018 Ninja 400 for a brand new 2019 GSXR-750. This was my first time in 12 years I was back in a gixxer and very first time into my favorite bike, the 750. I purchased my Ninja 400 for 4399, and got my GSXR Out the door for $8800. MSRP was 12499. Yeah, you never win on deals like this, but I was extremely satisfied to be out the door at this price.

Im a previous GSXR 600 owner X 2. (1993 and 2007). After a 12 year hiatus, I thought a Ninja 400 would be great. I got a KRT edition which looked awesome and it was the perfect commuter, but the GSXR 750 was calling my name lol!
It is interesting you bring up the 750 as it is also a back up plan on mine. If I couldn't get a deal on the 1000R then I was going to go for a leftover 750 the dealership said they have like 10 of them. This same dealer is advertising the GSXR750 2017,18s for $7999. When they showed the same plans to buy the 750 and it ended up $13600 OTD without the addons. Had I taken the addons it would've been close to $16k and as high as $20k with the 750 GSXR. :eek

I may call the manager today and lay down the facts about what Suzuki is offering and how they are way out of line trying to get me to take a bike at nearly double the advertised price.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
If you have decent credit, you should consider getting pre-approved financing outside of the dealership. Then you can go in and just negotiate your OTD price. Forget the extras. Nothing outside of the bike itself is worth buying through the dealer.

181 - 200 of 217 Posts