Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who pulled the trigger, what was your out the door price? Did you get any add-ons? Any incentives? I'm in VA, and I'd be interested to see what everybody else, in the area or elsewhere (in the US), is getting deal-wise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
$18,600 US dollars for my blue R model otd. I heard there was someone selling $15.5k in another state (otd), it is in these forums somewhere

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I paid $15,600 for my R, plus tax and worked a free solo seat cover into the deal.

I also got to uncrate it myself and help with the prep. I even had my dealer deliver it to my house about five miles away because I didn't want the tires to get dirty.
It's an absolute Virgin bike. :smile:

Tomorrow will be three weeks I've had the bike. It still has 0.0 miles on it and hasn't been started since the dealer prep.

I'm waiting on my Yoshimura Alpha T SS full exhaust. They will be released June 28-30th.

In the mean time, I've done some tasteful upgrades to get this bike exactly where I want it to be.

My goal was to take it from brand new, add my goodies and then ride it. It's only new once.

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
I paid $15,600 for my R, plus tax and worked a free solo seat cover into the deal.

I also got to uncrate it myself and help with the prep. I even had my dealer deliver it to my house about five miles away because I didn't want the tires to get dirty.

Tomorrow will be three weeks I've had the bike. It still has 0.0 miles on it and hasn't been started since the dealer prep.

I'm waiting on my Yoshimura Alpha T SS full exhaust. They will be released June 28-30th.

In the mean time, I've done some tasteful upgrades to get this bike exactly where I want it to be.

My goal was to take it from brand new, add my goodies and then ride it. It's only new once.
Sooo, they inspected it without riding it?
I worked at dealerships for years, that seems unheard of for their liability alone. "0" miles?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sooo, they inspected it without riding it?
I worked at dealerships for years, that seems unheard of for their liability alone. "0" miles?
I have bought many bikes with 0 miles, if you buy a bike in jan-feb in the Northeast they have NOWAY to test them with all the snow..My 17 ZX10RR bought in May was also picked up with 0 miles on it...

·
Registered
277 Posts

Who makes the solo seat cover?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hear ya on a bike is only new once, but man odhogie you are missing out! I don't think I'd have the patience or composure to have it in my garage and never ride it once after waiting so long for it come out.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Judging by your response to my post, You thought I was full of Shit didn't you??

If it passed Suzuki's quality control test, there's no need for a dealer to ride it. Once they do, It's a used bike!

Why would the dealer need to ride it for a NYS inspection? They check the lights, horn, tires and brakes for lever firmness or any leaks. If all checks out, they slap a sticker on it. 2017 or 1975, It's the same checklist.

Doesn't matter where you worked. I was just stating how my deal went down.

Picked it up on June 2nd and took this picture this morning.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 217 Posts