Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while testing out my new TRE i noticed something unpleasant when the speedo reads 180, the beginnings of what could be a nasty tankslapper at triple digit speeds. i set my suspension to the Sport Rider settings to get better performance in the curves because the stock settings always caused me to drift out (and it worked). but now she's a bit angry at high speeds in the straights. if anyone has a quick solution to this problem, i'd be very grateful. thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noted. i'm really trying to find a balance between good curve performance and high-speed/straight-line stability. so far i'm just playing with clicks until i can find something close to what i'm looking for. thanks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Did you set your sag up first. I probably wouldnt just put a rear spring in because that will make your problem worse, increasing the weight on the front forks. Which will also give the bike more rake making more likely to tankslap.

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
The 061K is a bit unique in the this area.

You are 100% correct if the rear was over sprung but that's not the case with the 061K.

Since the K6 rear is sprung for around a 150 pounds putting the correct spring for the riders weight and setting sag both front and rear works OK even on track days.

The fork springs are not all that bad so you can get away with just a rear spring.

The real issue with the forks is the rebound valving. On the 05 - 06 it is bad out of the box.

Of course kits in the front and rear set to the riders weight and style is the best but most expensive option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.