Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know this has been covered many times, and I've spent a lot of time running round in circles reading the search results.
But, just to clarify, I leave my K1 1000 inlet cam where it is, and change the standard exhaust cam for a 750/1000 K5/6 inlet?

The bike is purely for top speed events, and not used on the road and spends its life above 10,500.

From the information I've managed to glean, I'm looking at dialing the cams in at 105/110. Does this sound right? It's stock internals, PC3, stock downpipes and DanMoto silencer. Current setup does 179mph consistently over the standing mile with an AFR at 12.8.

I'm dropping the motor out this winter as the clutch pushrod seal is leaking and will give thr motor a once-over to make sure I get trouble-free running out of it.

Simon

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Put in the cams for the K5 K6.

I have had good sucsess in making a new pushrod out of 1/4 inch SS steel rod. You just have to turn it dovn where it goes inside the front shaft on a lathe. ( so it is 1/4 inch ( 6,3mm ) where the seal is )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update...
Pulled the motor out, stripped the bottom end, all looks good. Dropped the big end off and shell is fine.
Replaced the main gearbox oils seal, the pushrod seal and had some welding done to the water pump stay and sprocket carrier lug (it had snapped the chain before I got it)
Next I got the top-end off, couldn’t source a set of K5 cams so went for the 600’s and will use the inlet as an exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Number26Racing
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing