Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont claim to fully understand all this suspension stuff and in the past I've always run stock settings.

now on my 1000 K3 I find the front a bit hard and dont get much feel when I turn in to a corner. my last one felt good

all I really want to know is what should I adjust (comp or rebound) on the front or should I be raising the rear to put more weight on the front and thus increase feel ?

your help and advice would be appreciated.

I'm average hieght and weight and run stock bridgestones.

I also thought maybe the front tyre could be the problem.

cheers

Webbie

ps: I've got some set up advice from a magazine but they seem to have gone even harder than stock and I dont reckon this would cure my problemo

·
Registered
119 Posts
try www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_susp_settings/
I weight 13 stone and their settings feel OK. I had my forks serviced by k-tech. They put their own compression damping adjuster valves in and set the forks up on their rig. They have much more feel over bumpy surfaces now. The spring rate is marginally too stiff if you are a lighter rider.
Talk to k-tech.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Ya it might be your tires ... when I was running BT012's I didn't have good feel either. I found they didn't work well unless the front was 28-30 and rear 30-32

Barn

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
andyb said:
I weight 13 stone .....Talk to k-tech.
in lbs please?

FYI I bet 99% of americans have no clue at all how to convert from "stones" to lbs. (about 14 to 1?) And yet, brits use it all the time.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts