Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
163.8 bhp at the rear wheel, 82.2 lb ft torque, only got a half system on it, im very impressed, also as a point of intreast , tts in england did the dyno work and he pluged his yoshi box in to see if it would work on the k5 1000 and it did, so all of you who have been told that it wont work, it will

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
how do you know the Yoshi box worked?

was there a considerable difference in power output after changing settings?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i stood there and watched him use the yoshi box, he was unsure if it would work or not but connected it and made some alterations and then did the dyno run and checked the air fuel mixture witha lambda sensor in the exhaust, ans sure enough the yoshi box altered the fueling through the rev range, my bike was running to lean and it has been richend up, it runs a lot cleaner and much more responsive, power befor yoshi was 160.1 and after 163.8, , not a masive increase in power but on the road its much more responsive

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
i thought yosh was blowing smoke out their ass, prolly trying to shift customers to their never coming EMS Cube unit.

My engine builder called Yosh and they told him it wouldn't work, but upon further investigation, they also said it wouldn't work with 03-04 1000's nor SV650s.

I'll give it a try next weekend at the track. I got 165hp with no tuning, I think with the race fuel and full pipe I can get over 175.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts