Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 tooth less = lots O\' fun!!

I just put my new chain and sprockets on.... 1 tooth smaller in the front and what a difference!!

This thing pulls hard, not that it didn't before, but Damn!
I think everyone should do this just for the white knuckle ride

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 1 tooth less = lots O\' fun!!

Just rode around town tonight for 20 mins. or so.... Haven't got to the highway stuff yet.
I think it went from a 2.69 final drive to a 2.87!?! Shouldn't be too bad on th highway, but it sure goes through the revs alot quicker!!

·
Registered
187 Posts

Yeah You should try this 2 down front 4 up rear. Thats what I have I love it

·
Banned
6,048 Posts

Yeah You should try this 2 down front 4 up rear. Thats what I have I love it
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">wow......now thats extreme!!!! you must have incredible loft-a-bility, but your top end is probably shot in the foot!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts

Thats good news, Ive got my 15 Tooth Renthal sitting in front of me so Ill probably get it fitted tomorrow, cant wait

Outcold, does it make the bike wheelie easier or does it just make it more "punchy" ?

Rgds

N|nj

·
Registered
547 Posts

I dropped mine 1 on the front too,yeh it makes it easier to pull up,but the main thing i noticed is you can f**k it up changing gears on the rear wheel and it recovers easier so you can keep it up better.It doesn't affect your highway rpm/speed much,you'll hardly notice

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Just went for a long test ride....
Highway RPM's didn't change too much and I can't tell if my top end is effected but I went to 155 with plenty more to go so that is enough for me.

Definitely makes the bottom and mid come alive quicker!
Revs so quick, I can hardly get through the shifts without bumpin the rev limiter

·
Registered
781 Posts

Wouldn't this mod (smaller front sprocket) make the on/off throttle response (jerky exceleration and engine braking in 1st and 2nd gears) even worse. Wouldn't it make it unsafe to ride on cold tyres? Has your throttle response gone even more abrupt low down after this mod?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts

Raz, if it makes that much of a difference you should really work on being smooth... Changing the gearing will affect your responce and any surging you have, but if you have the bike setup correct and you are smooth on it. You should be fine.

John

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Same as above..... My bike used to be really "jerky" throttle and handling, but I have it pretty much dialed in and I'm a little better with the throttle control too (which was most of the problem I'm sure).

·
Registered
187 Posts

I still see 165 on the speedo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts