Discussion Starter · #1 ·

...........and my UPS man!

Time to get busy!!!!!!!

Rob

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuel tank, fender, stator cover & gasket, fasteners, tank pad, fairing stay, shifter lever, and
......... more. Talk about a BIG ASS BOX
!!! Shit!! I guess they didn't want anything to happen to my stuff!!! I now have about a million peanuts to dispose of........ fucking Oneida anyways!
One order down and two to go!!! 1 from flat out coming too.....

Rob

I need my seat rails!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fuel tank, fender, stator cover & gasket, fasteners, tank pad, fairing stay, shifter lever, and
......... more. Talk about a BIG ASS BOX
!!! Shit!! I guess they didn't want anything to happen to my stuff!!! I now have about a million peanuts to dispose of........ fucking Oneida anyways!
One order down and two to go!!! 1 from flat out coming too.....

Rob

I need my seat rails!
and how much did all that cost you??

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$843!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Since there is so much talk about Oneida and shipping/costs, etc. I was curious how long it took you to get the parts after you ordered them, b/c I need some new fairings too

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Less than a week for 13 items. (2 on backorder) It was.... I think $40 or so to ship them. (my invoice is in the garage) The 2 items are still on backorder and will be shipped as soon as they are in.

rob

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They wouldn't do that to me!!!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Less than a week for 13 items. (2 on backorder) It was.... I think $40 or so to ship them. (my invoice is in the garage) The 2 items are still on backorder and will be shipped as soon as they are in.

rob
Rob - u lucky bastard!

I can't wait to get my parts in -

They did a good job on the packaging and shipping. Now I don't feel so bad w/ dealing with them.

Joey

·
Registered
8,165 Posts

rob
Rob - u lucky bastard!

I can't wait to get my parts in -

They did a good job on the packaging and shipping. Now I don't feel so bad w/ dealing with them.

Joey
+1

On getting my parts working on 3weeks and still not even shipped

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WTF happened to your bike ?
Another post I noticed Surgery ?
I had a nice long post, but it died because I hit the refresh button INSTEAD of the iespell button, so.......

I didn't have any surgeries. I do believe that was Midge that is falling apart with his growing age...... 2 surgeries in one year????

OK........ so here is my story........ It may be long so ....

I went riding with a group of 4 bikes and I was running second with a guy and his wife on their bikes riding at their pace in the back. (no big deal) This road I have been on a 1,000 times before and I know (so did the leader) what obstacles are there. We headed into this left handed corner that has a road that ends/starts right in th center of the corner, so there is ALWAYS gravel there. ALWAYS! Me and the leader slowed down and took the corner. So into the corner I go...... I must have caught the gravel just right and the rear slid out and the bike wanted to go into a lowside. I was going between 40-50 MPH...... the speed limit is 55 in this long sweeping corner.

No problem......
I got the rear straightened out from it wanting to lowside.
But....... now I was on a path toward a ditch from hell....
Fuck!
Hey the shoulder of the road looks nice and flat!
Wrong assessment!

The shoulder had a couple of good sized ruts in it and I think that the bike jumped up and then slide the rear toward the ditch. (lowside down the ditch) At least that is what the ground is telling me by the markings from the bike. All I remember is my plan, the wind leaving my body, and waking up on my back "X" amount of seconds of time from impact. (I also think a fuck came out somewhere in there too!) I landed about 30 feet from the road, in a 25 foot deep ditch which did the most damage to the bike. Nobody seen me. The leader was far enough into the corner to where we could not see each other, and the others couldn't see me in the ditch from hell. I picked up the bike. Finally got it into gear (no shifter lever, plus in the nice unleveled ground of the ditch from hell), rode it up to the road to park it, assess the damage and then to go back and pick up the pieces. I rode it home and leaned quickly how to shift without a lever on the shifter. Bike rode straight (a little windy without a windscreen...) and I became a pro at shifting without the lever on the shifter. Not to bad either!! Hit 3rd gear without a miss!!

I was bruised on my lower back from my spine to the front of my hip which took all of the impact. Nothing was broken, but I had a concussion from my head being snapped back from the impact. No helmet and my skull would have been in pieces. My leather jacket saved me from any rash. The only scratches that I had were on the top of my left hand (very small) because I was stupid and didn't have my gloves on that day.

The bike received only cosmetic damage to it except for the broken shifter, fairing stay (of course) and the seat rails (subframe) that are barely tweaked to the left. (the bike ended up rolling, I think, and then resting on it's right side.)

I will heal.....
I bike will be like new again.....

I don't blame the........

Gravel
Bike
Corner
Speed

A little blame (.1%) is the shoulder and MY assessment of it , but.......

The 99.9% blame goes to MY reaction time. If it was faster and with a little less of a correction to the bike trying to lowside, I would have been able to stay into the corner without having to rely on the shoulder/MY assessment of the safety of the shoulder of the road.

The blame....... IS ME!

Am I afraid of riding?
Am I afraid of the bike?
Am I afraid of the road?
Am I afraid of the gravel?

All the answers are NO!

I will be on that road again. I have learned a valuable lesson that this board, an MSF course, and all of my "thoughtful/analytical" anticipations of a bad situation can not teach me.

How it feels to be in that situation, and how I hopefully can avoid it in the future!

Maybe........ but you never know.

Be careful guys!

Ride safe!

Rob

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I didn't have any surgeries. I do believe that was Midge that is falling apart with his growing age...... 2 surgeries in one year????
Fuck I wish someone would have warned me what happens to your body when you turn 30.

Hopefully only 4 more weeks to go before I'm back on the bike!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts