Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I bought my first 1 piece track suit based on all the measurement charts online from Alpinestars. I am about 5'11 205lbs. I bought a size 46 suit. The suit fits perfect in the legs, stomach, chest, arms, everywhere except for the length. It feels like its pulling down on my shoulders when I stand up straight. Is this normal? I hate to get a larger suit because this one fits so perfect everywhere else. The suit is used so its already kinda broken in and the leather is real comfy. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
genarally speaking it shuld be uncomfortable whilst standing up, as long as its comfortable in the crouching position u got nothin to worry about

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I tried it on the bike real quick out the garage. When I am on the bike it seems like its just about perfect, maybe a hair short but nothing at all like when i am standing with it on. I think if i go the next size up it will be too loose everywhere else.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Ya I tried it on the bike real quick out the garage. When I am on the bike it seems like its just about perfect, maybe a hair short but nothing at all like when i am standing with it on. I think if i go the next size up it will be too loose everywhere else.
ur suit fits u snugly mate............its perfectly normal to feel like that standing up :cheers

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Yes, it should feel uncomfortable like it is pulling you forward. It will stretch out a bit too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it should feel uncomfortable like it is pulling you forward. It will stretch out a bit too.
Yup thats exactly what its doing. Its just tight on the front of my shoulders, like its pulling my down and foward. On the bike it felt good, but I wont really be able to test it till spring. I am gonna try wearin it around the house to stretch it out a little bit.

This suit is amazing, it instantly got rid of my belly, haha, it makes me look thin

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Yes, pulling you down and forward is exactly how I was trying to explain it. I got a 1 pc Dainese, but the Alpinestar is a great quality too. Wear it as much as you can and it will give a little. You def. dont want it loose on you. Snug is what you want.
Santa cane early huh?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK cool, then it must be just right. I really like the suit, I know people will probably think I am crazy, but I plan on wearin it to ride even on the street.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
OK cool, then it must be just right. I really like the suit, I know people will probably think I am crazy, but I plan on wearin it to ride even on the street.
:lmao
They will only think you are crazy if you do it when it is 95 degrees out! :biggrin

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
thats not crazy bruv thats sensible..........once u get used to it u won't feel like riding wivout it :lol

i'm suprised at people who don't wear any gear

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
thats not crazy bruv thats sensible..........once u get used to it u won't feel like riding wivout it :lol
So true. When I first started riding sport bikes, I was a squid with no gear. When I realized just what these bikes can do to you in a matter of seconds, I smartened up real fast. I got some of the best gear you can buy. It took me a bit to get used to being all suited up from head to toe.
But now if I go out without gear (like a quick ride to the store down the street) I feel literally naked. I dont like the feel being without it! :cheers

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
So true. When I first started riding sport bikes, I was a squid with no gear. When I realized just what these bikes can do to you in a matter of seconds, I smartened up real fast. I got some of the best gear you can buy. It took me a bit to get used to being all suited up from head to toe.
But now if I go out without gear (like a quick ride to the store down the street) I feel literally naked. I dont like the feel being without it! :cheers
i feel the same way bruv.............wivout my leathers i feel vunerable.....just recently bought some kevlar jeans,gonna get a jacket 4 practical reasons.......remember riding the bike with no gear on and just rode at a snails pace, after that i thought never again

came off the bike a couple yrs ago broke my arm and the hospital were gonna cut my leathers..............told them to [email protected]%k off :lol glad i did, still wearig the same ones............there not cheap

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
I've been down a few times and gear has always saved my ass! Thank god I never went down without it! :cheers

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am always amazed at the young guys around town who dont wear anything at all. Not even a helmet. I was a the bike store on Sunday and there was a cruiser all smashed up, front forks were all bent up. The sales guy was tellin me it was a fatality, he said the lady probably would have lived but she wasnt wearing a helmet.

But I agree with all of you, people who ride without gear are just plain nuts. I am looking for a pair of leather pants that I can wear on the bike and then also wear out to meet some people out to hang out or do dinner, the whole knee puck thing on the track pants is a bit much. But I would still rather have leather pants than jeans. Anyone got any good suggestions on a pair of leather pants?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im the same size as you K8 & I just bought a Joe Rocket Suzuki AMA replica 1 peice. But I went for a size 48 so Ive got a little room to move..
Take a look>>> http://www.bikegearwarehouse.com.au/s.nl/it.A/id.17342/.f
Hey man, hows that 48 feel? Everyone keeps telling me loose is bad. My suit isnt skin tight but its snug but comfortable. Like I said the only thing that bothers me is being off the bike with it.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
You can still get a pr of leather pants that have knee cups in them. Not knee pucks.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Hey man, hows that 48 feel? Everyone keeps telling me loose is bad. My suit isnt skin tight but its snug but comfortable. Like I said the only thing that bothers me is being off the bike with it.
All suits jackets ect. run a little bit different.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
loose is not good.........in the event of a spill the leathers will just ride up ur arm or leg............i wud always recomend tight rather than loose.......or get the loose ones adjusted :cheers

1 - 20 of 47 Posts