Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is SICK! 97 750 bounced up 5th gear standup yesterday, didn't try but i'm willing to bet it will bounce up 6th! 2nd comes up so easy sitting on the tank, feet overs should be cake.

·
Registered
351 Posts
be careful at that gearing WOA! i am -1 +2 and it still makes me a lil nervous... whats your top speed 85-90mph

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah, i was at about 90mph in 5th when i bounced it. I'm not really into top end runs, bike is used to ride to work and stun, i think i've had it in twisties once since i bought it. Gonna work on slow wheelies and 12s.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by RoadRash:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by DieTrying:
nah, i was at about 90mph in 5th when i bounced it. I'm not really into top end runs, bike is used to ride to work and stun, i think i've had it in twisties once since i bought it. Gonna work on slow wheelies and 12s.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well careful you don6t live up to your name
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">amazing how often people say that... haha

·
Registered
495 Posts
hell who really uses the top end on a gixxer? with that gearing ya just gotta wind it a little harder I run very close gearing to that on my 97 750 race bike and it works great

·
Registered
351 Posts
Originally posted by DieTrying:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well careful you don6t live up to your name

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
why the hell would anyone in their right mind gear up that much!!! if you can twheelie with stock gearing why even waste the time and go up that many,learn with stock gearing, you may actually be able to ride a wheelie more then 10 feet b4 u hit the redline! and you arent gonna do 130mph geared up that much brotha..your speedo is WAYYYYY off!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ho man...I hope you have good dental insurance...the vibration from that short a gear will rattle ur filling loose in no time...sounds fun thou

·
Registered
808 Posts
HEH... with that gear too leave a reply and let us know how long your tranny and shift forks last. Good luck though!

·
Registered
495 Posts
why the hell do you think low gearing will kill trannys and shift fork? same fuggin forces go through it with stock gearing possibly even more due to the heavy 530 chain
and how many of you guys talking about not going fast enough use all the top end their bike has and if you do you are a moron and will end up dead!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts