Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used a 1/4 turn throttle on a gsxr? I want to use one on a 92 750. Any info or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jerry.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I had a Yosh one on my '90 and '91 with Mikuni RS smoothbores. Much nicer than the long throw on the stock throttle.

Only drawback is that their is spendy, like $160.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Was the Yosh a bolt on fit or was there monkey rigging involved? One 1/4 turn I found was a "universal" fit, not guarenteed to fit my bike, but have a nice day anyway. Didn't want to take that chance. I will look at the Yosh. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Just a 'maybe' here. If the '95 and up GSXR1100 water pumper plastic throttle innards, ie grip and 'wheel' will retro to your bike, Suzuki changed the diameter so that less twist was necessary in order to get some gas happening. Not 1/4 turn, but definitely noticeable over my '93, and so most likely for yours.

·
Registered
972 Posts
With the smoothbores, it was bolt on without fiddling. There are 2 things to consider though.

You have to have room for the housing as you cant get rid of your switchgear that houses the throttle tube, and the carbs have to accept the ends.

In my case, I was using a CBR900 ignition switch (they had seperate throttle housings) so I didnt have that concern. Personally, if you dont mine taking apart your stock switch and soldering it into the Honda unit, that is the ticket.

On the cables, The yosh set-up is push pull with threaded cables into the housing. You cant use your stock one. I think the carb end of their cable will work on stock carbs. I'll have to dig mine up and see what they look like.

John has a good idea bout just replacing the throttle tube with one that has a larger diameter crank. But you will have to make sure it will fit in the housing.

I actually was using my Yosh throttle tube on my R1 as after shaving away a bit of the extra plastic it fit in the Yamaha housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts