Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what sort of times are being run in the U.K.any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
11.03 is a good time for your first time.your start must of been reasonable,what was your 0-60 time?

·
Registered
120 Posts
should be going to santa pod before the summers up, so i'll let you know. sold my 97 srad 600 before i got the chance!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is drag racing popular in the U.K,i have been there 3 times but always in winter as both parents are english.?

·
Registered
120 Posts
i'd say trackdays are the thing for us, the brits seem to have an obsession with sports bikes, totally different in mainland europe

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah there are lots of tracks in the U.K,most states in australia have only 1 to 2 tracks.in perth we only have one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah but you get the weather,with us its like russian roulet as we have to book up ages in advance.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea the english weather is fickle,but i sure liked whatching the british super bike championship when bayliss was sliding it around your tracks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i got a time of 10.9 1/4 mile, couldnt stop wheelying tho during my runs so i probably lost a second due to the drag factor
i was clocked this time at BRIZE NORTON bike event, 1/4 miles and top speed runs down the runway, i hit my top speed of 187 with it bouncing off the rev limiter, not bad for a 750

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
10.9 not bad for a first effort recently got 11.01 out of a K2600 only had 4 runs as it was not mine.187 is in mph i take it,thats great for a 750.

·
Registered
31 Posts
gixer19guy said:
i got a time of 10.9 1/4 mile, couldnt stop wheelying tho during my runs so i probably lost a second due to the drag factor
i was clocked this time at BRIZE NORTON bike event, 1/4 miles and top speed runs down the runway, i hit my top speed of 187 with it bouncing off the rev limiter, not bad for a 750
What mods have you done to your 750 to get 187 mph!

·
Registered
99 Posts
lol no mods at all buddy, completly standard.I forgot to mention that my 1/4 mile times were done about 5 mins after a rainfall

·
Registered
56 Posts
ive run 10.21 @141 mph on my k8 1000 stock height as i ride it on the street, just let the rear tyre down, waiting for my lowering link so i can give it full berries in 1st without wheelieing.......9's here we come......

·
Registered
14 Posts
ive run 10.21 @141 mph on my k8 1000 stock height as i ride it on the street, just let the rear tyre down, waiting for my lowering link so i can give it full berries in 1st without wheelieing.......9's here we come......
Nice work on the ET. I'm taking my bike to WSID this Wednesday hoping to do a low 10 on my K4 thou. Best I could muster on my old bike ( 95 CBR900RR) was a [email protected]/h.

My mate has done a 10.2 on his b-king so the heat is on.

I don't agree with letting the tyre down unless you are experiencing wheel spin on the launch(maybe I'm just lazy....). With a decent burnout to warm the tyre you should be right, i've never had any trouble getting away having to worrying about wheel spin off the line.

·
Registered
1 Posts
07 Gsxr 600 pc3 custom tune -1 front lowered 1 inch rear
first time at the track ran 10.6 1.7 60 foot clutches were burnt after that last run i assume it would have ran a little faster

·
Registered
17 Posts
What mods have you done to your 750 to get 187 mph!
Hes probably talking about Kilometers, not miles per hour....but if he is, something is terribly wrong!

·
Registered
331 Posts
managed 10.82 @ 130 mph with my k1 1000 lump in the srad. seriously hard launching the thing with this short wheel base!
i have a plan to make it faster!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts