Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to get a new rear tire tomorrow and i want to go with the new 2CT , however i still have an almost brand new regular power on the front. my question is , has anyone run just 1 2Ct and had experience to tell about it especially the 190/55, or are all the new 2ct users here just getting pairs. i actually think i should just get the regular power for now. and use them up till april when the weatehr changes and then go for the complete pair of 2ct in the spring, however that 190/55 is so tempting. any feedback is helpful.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I really don't think you will feel any difference...
I would just get the 2ct and wear out the front you have...

For street riding I've mismatched front PPs with stock rears and had no problem... feels different at close to full lean but I can't say it was bad...

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
gixxbynite said:
i have to get a new rear tire tomorrow and i want to go with the new 2CT , however i still have an almost brand new regular power on the front. my question is , has anyone run just 1 2Ct and had experience to tell about it especially the 190/55, or are all the new 2ct users here just getting pairs. i actually think i should just get the regular power for now. and use them up till april when the weatehr changes and then go for the complete pair of 2ct in the spring, however that 190/55 is so tempting. any feedback is helpful.

According to another poster, the 2CT won't be available in the 190/55 size until Feb 07. So perhaps you'll have to wait for the spring anyway.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not true....search on ebay and you can get 2ct's now. I just installed a set on k6, and the amount of confidence they inspire is unreal..... (The stock B'Stone started showing cord at 7600 miles)

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
SpitAndDirt said:
Not true....search on ebay and you can get 2ct's now. I just installed a set on k6, and the amount of confidence they inspire is unreal..... (The stock B'Stone started showing cord at 7600 miles)

I don't see it anywhere on eBay. If you can find the 2CT in 190/55 show me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Michelin-Pilot-Power-2CT-190-50-17-120-70-17-in-stock_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQihZ018QQitemZ280042692367QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

For a set of them $248+shipping. hpc395 is the seller I bought mine through.

Ok, wait, I'm a dumbass. I didn't realize that you guys were talking 190/55.:hammer I thought it might just be a typo.

What I meant to say earlier is that I have a set of 190/50---120/70 2CT PP's on the bike. I didn't even know there was a 190/55 available. I don't understand why you would end up wanting a taller tire anyway, it won't neccesarilly give you more rubber on the ground. Someone step up and help me understand this if I'm wrong. Are all the pro-racers going to 190/55 now? What's the reasoning behind it?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
SpitAndDirt said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Michelin-Pilot-Power-2CT-190-50-17-120-70-17-in-stock_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQihZ018QQitemZ280042692367QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

For a set of them $248+shipping. hpc395 is the seller I bought mine through.

Ok, wait, I'm a dumbass. I didn't realize that you guys were talking 190/55.:hammer I thought it might just be a typo.

What I meant to say earlier is that I have a set of 190/50---120/70 2CT PP's on the bike. I didn't even know there was a 190/55 available. I don't understand why you would end up wanting a taller tire anyway, it won't neccesarilly give you more rubber on the ground. Someone step up and help me understand this if I'm wrong. Are all the pro-racers going to 190/55 now? What's the reasoning behind it?
bigger contact patch at lean = more rubber on the ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.