Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some polaris full synthetic 4 cycle oil.........0W 40 I would like to use it in my 89 1100 the bike is for drag racing only. Bad idea??
the oil goes for 7 bucks a quart so i'd like to make some use of it

thank u

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with the "zero-weight" oils... I know that a lot of the racer-types use the stuff... you may get a more informed response from the "club racer" forum on this one... in ANY case, I've used the 5w40 Mobil synthetic in lots of different bikes over the years, and never had any trouble with that... I would think that as long as you're not in the habit of using the rev-limiter to warm up the engine, that the "hot weight" number (the 40) is more important than the "cold weight" number (the 0 or 5).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.........I put the oil in that oil in the bike yesterday........she puuuurrrrreed like a kitten! Being that it was 55 degrees.......I also took the plate off my zx9-r and slapped it on the old gix(being that i have never ridden this bike on the street I had too.....god damn it, I had too officer lol) anyways I knew this sucker had a rather large rear sprocket.......to my amazment........first gear wheelies---no clutch---no fork bouncing-----just hit it and smile
god damn I love old gixxers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts