Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this forum and thought I'd ask around for some help on a problem I'm going to attemp to solve later tonight when I get home from work. Yesterday I was participating in some club racing and I had a pretty typical low-side (right turn) crash at about 60 mph. The bike just skidded about 50 ft or so before hitting the grass, which caused it to tumble a few times. The only major damage was the right clip-on, bent ignition key, mangled fairing stay, loosened right foot-peg, and bent sub-frame. I also had to plug back in the wire harness that connects to the back of the tach. I was able to piece the bike back together w/ some spare parts and it started up again for my next race, which I was able to complete. However, I was supposed to be in two more races, but when it was time to get ready for the first of those two, the bike decided not to start (even though I had just completed that race about an hour prior). Packed it up for the day, and attempted to start it again when I got it back to the garage, to no avail. The electronics seem to be fine when I turn the key. When I toggle the power switch on, I can hear it cycle like normal. When I hit the ignition button, however, it just wheezes and coughs but doesn's fire up. I thought this was really strange since I was able to race it fine just a couple hours after the crash. Yet, I'm convinced this is due to the crash. Anyone ever experience something like this and have a hunch for what the problem might be? Just trying to expedite my trouble-shooting that lies ahead. Thanks for any feedback....

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Any FI codes? If not, check your charging system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Anthony D
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing