Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, from everything I could gather online, given Im dumb, but I was under the impression that the calipers I bought would fit the caliper mounts on the 06/07 forks. But they dont.

I bought both the forks and the calipers on ebay.. my question is who lied? the fork seller or the caliper seller? or, like i said before, am i just dumb

Caliper hole is a little over 3/8in
Fork is a little over 1/2in

Its not even close

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Here's why I think someone lied about the model.

Both of these items have the same SKU and are the same exact specs. spanning from 2006-2017

STG SKU: 1200-220A01610

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
longshot but have you checked the rotor diameters for the new setup? do the calipers need to be shimmed at all? maybe that's why? shim around them as in stack washers to the height of inserts? OR, perhaps you remove the inserts altogether?

once you work out rotor diameter to see where the rotors need to be maybe inserts are removed and calipers snug up to carrier and you're golden? work it out, where do the calipers need to be? go from there

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
also, if they do sit flush, perhaps consider locating pins or dowels? tricky but you'd want to drill holes into both surfaces, say 1/8th" spring pins, you can get a set of like 100 for $15 on the web, use the hardest you can find, stainless is best..

be meticulous locating them you need to be accurate but this will give you added peace of mind they will not move around if you have to remove the sleeves.. just a thought?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts