Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday guys from Australia.
Site has been helpful for ages on my previous motors but we have now dropped a later version in our speedway car.
I want to thin out and trim down excess wires in the car now and bypass any sensors just like a track application.
Trying to find as much as I could without asking but it's a rabbit warren of posts trying to find info on resistors values etc for each bypass.
Appreciate any advice or even someone that could make custom harness with flashed computer to suit application.
Motor mods will be rosson filter and ram tubes but everything else stock.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I don't know of anyone who has done this, as most just buy a Yosh harness. I know even on my race bike I just left everything, as the weight saved wasn't worth the potential electrical issues if I screwed something up.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
You can probably remove everything associated with lighting, the EXCVA, the steering damper, PAIR solenoid, horn, kickstand switch, tipover sensor, and fuel level sensor. Maybe also the cooling fan and speed sensor. Possibly on a car you could also remove the ignition interlock. This is a huge rework. Unless you know how to rewire well, you're asking for trouble. Note that most are not sensors and don't need resistors. Those that are sensors can probably be turned off by a reflash. A professionally built harness like from Yoshimura is a much safer route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts