Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out a no start issue when my 08 750 gets hot.

Obviously valve clearance is general issue but I had my valves checked and that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Mind you I've owned this bike for a week now and this has been a issue for the old owner. He said that he started to have this issue when he replaced his clutch cover gasket. Is there a common issue for this?

While it doesn't want to start I get a cam position sensor code (c11)

Replaced cam position sensor same issue will still get a c11 when bike doesn't start

Measured the crank sensor resistance it's a little high which is 202 but it starts at 202ohms

Bike will pop start every time, and the bike cranks perfect everytime. It just pops and pops and sometimes starts.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
ah, justy wont fire up.. k, do this repeat the issue, with tank bolts out, then lift tank right away, pull airbox real fast then pull a plug, see if its wet or dry,

so when you try to start it and it just cranks be sure to give it a few twists while cranking..

if the plug is wet it's spark related, if its dry its fuel related, troubleshoot from there, pics of plug(s)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah, justy wont fire up.. k, do this repeat the issue, with tank bolts out, then lift tank right away, pull airbox real fast then pull a plug, see if its wet or dry,

so when you try to start it and it just cranks be sure to give it a few twists while cranking..

if the plug is wet it's spark related, if its dry its fuel related, troubleshoot from there, pics of plug(s)
Figured it out,

The kid put a non oem clutch cover gasket which was about 3x as thick as the oem gasket. This threw crank signal out of range when it was hot. Replaced gasket and it's good to go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts