Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have other women with '08-09 600s found it worth adjusting your footpegs? And which way felt better? I'm on the short side, just under 5'2", so especially interested in other shorter women's experiences. Am I likely to want them higher cause my legs are short?

I'm doing my 1st track day in May; what's best for that? Should I do them early enough to get used to the new position? Is it just personal preference or some good control reasons for particular positions?

Lots of questions. Thanks!

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
i'm most comfy with them as high up and as far forward as they can go. (i'm 5'3") allows you to shift your weight more easily, and gives you a higher center of gravity (again, making it easier to maneuver the bike from side to side).

it's a personal preference. most like em high and back, but back puts me (and my shorter arms) at an awkward position.

i'd highly recommend getting fully adjustable rear sets. you'll have A LOT more options and you can get what feels just right. the adjustable stockers are decent for what they are, but you'd be amazed at what a good fully adjustable can do. :)

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
If fully adjustable aftermarket rearsets are out of your budget, site vendor ProLux has some adjustment plates that fit your bike, that make the OEMs as adjustable as aftermarkets.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's a personal preference. most like em high and back, but back puts me (and my shorter arms) at an awkward position.

i'd highly recommend getting fully adjustable rear sets. you'll have A LOT more options and you can get what feels just right. the adjustable stockers are decent for what they are, but you'd be amazed at what a good fully adjustable can do. :)
Just the info I wanted. Sounds like it's worth playing with, then move up to fully adjustable. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If fully adjustable aftermarket rearsets are out of your budget, site vendor ProLux has some adjustment plates that fit your bike, that make the OEMs as adjustable as aftermarkets.
Thanks Joe. I'm willing to spend the $$, just want the payoff to be worth it. We're 8 hrs from a track, so it's mostly street riding for us (albeit some nice twisties nearby). I'll check into the ProLux once I mess with my stock pegs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts