Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok long story short I let a buddy of mine borrow my bike and he crashes it and ends up under a car.. He is fine he slid off the bike before impact. The bike was messed up but structally sound.. just changed front forks and triple trees and everything is straight.. I also bought 2 clips so i could see what this motor would still be good after the crash. Now when i go to start it i get nothing.. The horn works loud and tail lights are not dim. The battery seems to be fine as it was only 2 months old. When i turn the key i hear the fuel pump prime and the exhaust valves move.. But when i press the ignition button lights turn off as they should but NOTHING.. it wont start i checked the kick stand sensor its fine.. i even put it in dealer mode it says C00.. So idk what else to try i check all the wires from the right clip on and they all seem to be wired correctly.. Any advise on what my problem can be? The frame is intact the bike slid on the sliders and the engine cover of transmission covers are untouched.. Any advise would be appreciated.. Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
I dont know if gix have it on them but some bikes have a reset button on starter i believe it is, hit that and should be good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true.. only prob with that is the idiot friend is not working!!! (slaps myself for letting him ride) His parent are actually paying for the repairs.. Um reset button? not to sounds silly but i thought there was only a starter solinoid.. if there is a starter with a button anyone know where it is?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh one thing.. the key was bent.. im not sure if these bikes have immobilizers im wondering if maybe i damaged the key by straghtening it.. the ignition wires were damaged too but i repaired the wires, was that a bad thing to do?

·
Registered
45 Posts
If his parents are paying for the repairs you might as well take it to a mechanic and have him look it over and fix it.
You never know what else is broken.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if there was something wrong with the tip over sensor wouldnt there be a code? and wouldnt it atleast crank? and his parents are taking there time with the repairs.. and I do not want it to get too cold before getting it fixed. atleast if i can get it to start i would see if i would keep it.. what if it starts and the motor is making noise.. then i would just junk it i guess or sell the frame or something and part out all the good parts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Might check the switch on the clutch lever. I had a buddy go down and couldn't get his bike to start. Turned out one of the wires came loose on the clutch switch.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start, should do the trick. .

Sorry to hear about your bike I am curious to see what the problem is.:scratch

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a similar problem on my bike a few weeks ago and what it was for me was the adjustments on the clutch lever...maybe if you dont have that adjust the clutch cable and see if that works

·
Registered
53 Posts
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start, should do the trick. .
Contra - All weapons...

Wanted to at least let you know someone got the reference :)

My guess would have also been the tip over sensor, but I second bringing it to a mechanic and letting his parents take it out on him later.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok i got it fired up!!! WHOO HOOO.. seems that the clutch switch on the left clip on was broken from the used left clip on. So i swapped the switch with mine which was still in one peice and it fired fired up without hesitation! SHE'S ALIVE!! still gonna take it to a mechanic and make sure there arent anymore problems i cant see other than plastics..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is are some pics of the accident and the rebuild.. its not complete im painting the whole bike.. blue and black but this is only teaser pics to make me feel a lil better.. btw the "friend" who crashed it dissapeared.. LESSON LEARNED!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts