Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been doing a lot of riding during the day and she was fine. I had then stopped for a couple hours and then set off to go home. once the engine was hot and I was cruising at around 60mph, if I pulled the clutch in for too long and the revs dropped low the oil pressure warning light would come on and the engine would start to run rough. As soon as I engaged a gear she was fine again.

Any advice please

Cheers

Chris

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,699 Posts
What RPM did it drop to and is your idle RPM properly set? Run through the OIL PRESSURE CHECK procedure in the periodic maintenance section of the service manual. You'll need a pressure gauge and an adapter, or you can connect the pressure gauge in place of the pressure switch. Suzuki says it's "a good indication of the condition of the moving parts".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can’t remember the exact revs when it did it. cheers for that I’m away atm but once I get back in mid August I will give them a try and I might post some questions on this post if I’m struggling.
👌

·
Registered
697 Posts
They do have one:

I don't have the service manual at hand, but IIRC it also doubled as a FI light, but I might be completely wrong on that one.
Somewhat my point
It does triple duty as Oil, Coolant and General failure warning light

Usually an oil problem doesn't make a bike run rough when pulling the clutch
I'm guessing a hickup in the FI, , maybe even something as simple as a bad clutch switch
but the only way to know for sure is get the old paperclip in there and start pulling codes, the moment it happens again

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
That's pretty much just a fault light. FI light, if you will. The symbol beside it is for oil temp, which is the number reading on the right side.

OP, that blinking light was probably an ECU fault. Did the bike run smoothly after letting the clutch out OR adding throttle. Do a site search for dealer mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts