Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 GSXR 750
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. This is my first post on this forum. Pretty new to riding and just got a 07 GSXR 750 about a month ago. It runs perfect and I'm in love. The only issue is that the fuel light stays on, even with a full tank. Have heard mixed ideas on what it could be, stuck floater, short in a wire somewhere. Anyways, if anyone else has had this issue, or has an idea about what it could be... any help will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I had this issue on my 06 600. The problem was that the float arm has a little electronic sensor on the inboard end of it. That sensor rides along on a strip of metal to let it know where in the tank the float is sitting so that when it gets to the one end of it it know the tank is almost empty. On mine the sensor strip got bent of place and was not in proper contact, so it thought the float was always in the lowest position....i.e. the tank almost empty. Don't know for sure what your issue it but you'll need to drain the tank, pull out the fuel pump and have a look to know for sure.

For reference, this is the spot I'm talking about. The end of the arm ride along that white semi-circle as the float arm moves through its travel. There are little contacts on that semi-circle that tells it how full or empty the tank is based on where the float is sitting. I would start there and check to make sure everything looks proper.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,134 Posts
^^^ could be this, could also be a bad connection between it and the cluster. Run the tank almost empty. Have a full fuel can in the garage. Get a multimeter and set it to read Ohms. Disconnect the fuel pump connector and probe the B/Lg wire and the B/W wire (to the pump). Near empty, you should read about 4 ohms. Start filling it up and at a full tank, you should be about 180 ohms. If you don't get those readings, it's time to pull the pump. If you do, repeat the test from the cluster connector. If you get good readings, the cluster is suspect. If you get good readings from the pump but not the cluster, it's the wiring in between.

·
Registered
07 GSXR 750
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Will mess with it this weekend and hopefully get her fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts