Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 gsxr 600 headlights go crazy and bike runs rough and battery keeps dieing

·
Registered
21 Posts
First ensure your battery is completely charged & healthy, check voltage on it with a multi meter, if the battery is ruled out, it's most likely your rec reg and or stator which can both be replaced for under $100 if you don't use original parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK checked the battery it says 12 voltz when not running I start it and it says 19 Voltz and it runs horrible smells like its getting way to much gas and smokes me out of the garage and headlights flicker on and off when it's running I'm lost any ideas

·
Registered
63 Posts
You don’t want 19v. I would say this is an issue with the voltage regulator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what wouldmake it smoke like that not enough spark? Smells like gas bad I was going to change state and rectifier and plugs

·
Registered
63 Posts
Probably burning something up somewhere with 19v

Try this:

MZS Regulator Rectifier Voltage Compatible with GSXR600 GSXR750 06-13/GSXR1000 05-13/DL650 04-12/SV650 03-12/SFV650/SV1000/GSX650F/GSF1250/GSXR1300 08-12/B-King/Arctic Cat 375 400 500 TRV TBX 01-09 Amazon.com: MZS Regulator Rectifier Voltage Compatible with GSXR600 GSXR750 06-13/GSXR1000 05-13/DL650 04-12/SV650 03-12/SFV650/SV1000/GSX650F/GSF1250/GSXR1300 08-12/B-King/Arctic Cat 375 400 500 TRV TBX 01-09: Automotive

·
Registered
63 Posts
Either way you shouldn’t be getting 19v on the battery and the voltage is regulated by the voltage regulator. That’s why I see an issue with that.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,536 Posts
Yeah, stop running it right now. You're on the verge of ruining the ECM with that kind of voltage.

But, you could unplug the stator and start the bike and run it for a couple minutes on battery alone. Your fueling issue should go away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK just changed the rectifier and volts are normal but bike runs like shit and smokes me out of the garage the smoke smells like gas and black gunk is coming out of exhaust o and just put new spark plugs in it to I'm lost

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK just changed the rectifier and volts are normal but bike runs like shit and smokes me out of the garage the smoke smells like gas and black gunk is coming out of exhaust o and just put new spark plugs in it to I'm lost
What colour was the smoke, the colour will tell you what's wrong, if it's blue-ish, it's burning oil, if it's black, it's running a bit rich, if it's white and doesn't go away after the bike is warm, the headgasket might have blown or water / coolant is getting into your cylinders.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,536 Posts
IAP leaks can make the ECM think the engine is getting more air than it is, and it will try and richen to correct. Leave the hoses, but unplug the IAP electrical and see if it cleans up. If not, then it's possible the high voltage has already damaged the ECM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK drained gas tank and put fresh gas in and went out today and it didn't smoke me out It only smoked a little and now it idles really low and dies and I have to hold throttle to start again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
checked plugs they are good as I just put them in but air box had quite a bit of gas in the bottom of it not oily just straight gas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts