Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed the oil pan on my 2007 GSXR 600 when I remove the pan it dropped and a steel washer fell out I'm wondering if this has a place in the oil pan somewhere or is not supposed to be in there at all ?? I have looked around and looked at the schematics and it does not appear that it belongs in there ....also the pickup screen fell out and it seems that it's very easy to fall out when I put it back in the plastic pickup screen fell out very easy and when I put it back in it seems like it's going to fall out very easy when I put this bike back together..... I am now stuck...any input is appreciated... I have tried the search function but can't seem to find this info

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,093 Posts
I'm not sure about the K6/7, but on my K4 there are two sealing washers (which aren't flat, but a bit convex), that are supposed to seal two specific mounting bolts, where the sealant is routed on their inside, instead of their outside, as with all other bolts. Here's what they look like and here you can see them, as part #5 in the oil pan assembly. Looks like the K6 only needs one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
dpapavas
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing