Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to help my friend. I’ve replaced the fuel pump and went over the wires. Started to accelerate then cut out. Cranked back on but then sounds rough. It’s has plenty of fuel and oil. Yet, low fuel light stays on. I’ve put over 7 dollars worth of fuel, so it had plenty. No leaks, any advice would be huge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trying to help my friend. I’ve replaced the fuel pump and went over the wires. Started to accelerate then cut out. Cranked back on but then sounds rough. It’s has plenty of fuel and oil. Yet, low fuel light stays on. I’ve put over 7 dollars worth of fuel, so it had plenty. No leaks, any advice would be huge.

Just tinkered some more: issue went away.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Do you have a copy of the manual?
This will be the most valuable troubleshooting tool.
The 'low fuel' light is probably just the level sensor. That wouldn't affect the running of the engine however.
Why did you replace the fuel pump?
Do you get a 'chec' or 'FI' light on the dash?
Does it run solid at idle with the stand down and in neutral?
Possibly the sidestand switch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This bike belongs to a friend of mine and she let it sit for awhile. When she asked me to help, first thing i checked was the tank, bad gas and rust. So dumped gas and cleaned out the tank.

New battery and new gas, tried to fire up the bike . Just kept cranking. Noticed right away the fuel pump wasn’t priming. Checked the fuse, and the fuse was good.

Checked connections and everything was pointing to a bad fuel pump. I also replaced the fuel filter. Get the new “used” pump on the bike, i hear it prime and fires up.

Then, it stopped running, threw the F1 code several times. Then would run and cut off under acceleration.

So, i then replaced the plugs. Fuel pump doesn’t prime anymore. Fuse is still good.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What FI (not F1) code are you getting? Do you know how to pull said code to analyze?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts