Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done a streetfighter conversion and kept their stock gauges on an 07 600? I've seen many streetfighters but never have I seen a clear picture of somebody keeping the gauges. I have the Acerbis headlight as well so it has to be able to fit behind that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You PMed me on the other forum, right? Pics of mine below. I'll get a close-up later.

FYI to the others, I made a bracket to hold both my acerbis headlight and gauges out of 1" aluminum angle. Uses the acerbis' rubber straps to attach to the forks. It also gets the acerbis headlight out beyond the brake reservoir and steering damper, otherwise you'd have to mount it much lower.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
^ nice stunter :cheers

Did you have to do an oil sump or anything for wheelies? If so which did you get?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks! Not good enough yet to need it, haha still learning. Plan to later on though if I stick with it. I'm torn between continuing with the stunt bike or converting it to a track bike.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Thanks! Not good enough yet to need it, haha still learning. Plan to later on though if I stick with it. I'm torn between continuing with the stunt bike or converting it to a track bike.
they both have their thrills but me personally...

I LIKE TO GO FAST :burnout so im the track type but still have respect for stunters. A good stunter has better throttle control than your adverage track guy :cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
they both have their thrills but me personally...

I LIKE TO GO FAST :burnout so im the track type but still have respect for stunters.
+1 same here. But going to the track is an expensive hobby and stunting costs nothing haha so that's what I'm doing now.

Here's a pic of my bracket. The acerbis is zip tied to it now but that's only because I ran out of nuts/bolts when putting it together. There are holes drilled to bolt it on. The gauges' rubber grommets fit in those two holes and holt them centered and secured behind the top of the acerbis.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
^ that will work nicely :cheers

Are you going to stick with the clip on's for your bars?
Ive seen some people use dirt bar's or even swith the sides of the clip on's :dunno. It put the bars at more of an upward angle(15degrees i think) instead of the race inspired downward angle. :cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was actually going to flip my clip ons a couple weeks ago, but wasn't sure how to mount my brake reservoir on the left upside down clipon... so I haven't yet but that's the plan. Probably won't get dirt bars until I get more into it.

I've really just got the cages, 12 bar (not in pics), 54t rear and seat hole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts