Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. First off sorry if I should have posted somewhere else. I am putting a gsxr in a 1988 Suzuki samurai. My current conundrum (there has been quite a few,and more to come I'm sure) is exhaust. How critical is the tuning of the header? I need to modify it to fit into the engine compartment. Is it just a power loss if I change the lengths of the pipes? Can I make them all longer or shorter and get a satisfactory result? Any input would be greatly appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Post some pic's????? Do whatever you need to the exhaust...You'll be down on power....No matter what. The motor is meant to push around 550-600lb ....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand there will be a power loss. I am more concerned with adverse effects in the rest of the tuning of the engine. the stock engine is only good for about 60 hp new so it should be an improvement. also i twill have 2 transmissions and a transfer case so gearing will be a lot different than a bike. I guess I will just throw it in there and weld up some pipes, cross my fingers and hope for the best lol PS: I'll get some pics to upload

·
Super Moderator
14,992 Posts
Bruh you're putting a gixxer motor in a samurai! Just throw that bitch in there and see what happens! It would probably be hard to get it tuned for that application and the fact that you're attempting this anyway tells me you don't have much to lose! And fuck the pictures, we'll need video once your done. :cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts