Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 06 gsxr600 I'm having an issue where I start riding the bike then a little while later the fi light comes on after down shifting I've noticed this last time trying to take it out. But no code when put into dealer mood just says cO0 when this happens the bike try's to cut off or it does

If I turn the bike off then back on and the light is gone but comes back every time I go to take it for a ride alittle while after driving it We did get a code to come up once it was c42 so we replaced the ignition and wiring and now no code will pop up
I have a video of it on YouTube

· Registered
31 Posts
What about reading the diagnostic trouble code over the diagnostic port?
This will give you a much more detailed code, with driving values before, during and after the MIL lights up.
So you might see which sensor delivers wrong values.

Any bike workshop for Suzuki should have a device for that. Or ask someone with a Healtech device.

· Registered
319 Posts
Does the "FI" only come up when downshifting?

It's weird how you get an "FI" but no code is recorded. It might be a short, intermittent fault. But I would still expect a code.
Have you tried riding the bike with dealer mode always ON, from the start? Maybe the code will pop up?

It's a bit hard to tell from the (shaky) video, but as you are decelerating, at about 3000rpm the revs just seem to drop back to idle instantly. And that's when the FI comes on. Is that what you are talking about?

(NB. On a side note, your Neutral light and Neutral Indicator don't seem to be working. Unlikely to be related to your problem. Probably just a broken neutral wire.)

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I start riding it in dealer mode to try and get the code the FI light does not come on at all while in dealer mode but once or twice when I stopped after riding in dealer mode, bike still on I will flip the switch out of dealer mode and the FI will be on. It's a very frustrating process. Also I'll try to get a better video soon. Thanks for all the help.

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
11,117 Posts
Shutting the ignition off will clear most codes. You need to be able to turn dealer mode on without turning it off, which could be as simple as locating the switch where you can easily reach it. Alternately if you are certain that you don't have an overheating problem (i.e. this will turn the temp display off) put it in dealer mode and go for a ride. C24 is an ignition signal problem. See this.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm also currently working on the neutral light situation, also when I down shift from N to 1st the gear indicator wants to jump back and forth from 1st to second. Gonna clean GPS [GEAR POSITION SENSOR] hopefully that will help.
Shutting the ignition off will clear most codes. You need to be able to turn dealer mode on without turning it off, which could be as simple as locating the switch where you can easily reach it. Alternately if you are certain that you don't have an overheating problem (i.e. this will turn the temp display off) put it in dealer mode and go for a ride. C24 is an ignition signal problem. See this.
I put a switch for dealer mode and I flip it w/o turning the bike off and when I flip the switch it says c00. It has to to shorting somewhere right? If I put it in dealer mode and ride the FI light won't come on until I flip the switch out of dealer mode. I'm gonna make sure it's not overheating and check out the forum you suggested. This is still the same problem I was trying to eliminate with the keyless switch thinking the resistor in the ignition was shorting. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts