Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

My bikes been sitting for a year or two. First , pulled the pump out of the tank , it wasn't working so I've replaced it and pulled the injectors. I ran brake cleaner through them. They all appear to be working but i am considering replacing the primary injectors. I pulled the spark plugs and found three to be out of speck gap wise and the forth wasn't gaped at all it made contact so I've replaced them with brand new spark plugs. Bike is still not starting, new fuel new pump new fuel sock , i did hit the tank with evaporust and cleaned it. So now i'm out of my mind trying to figure out what to do next to test. is it possible to pull the plugs on this gsxr and test for spark against the housing. i was going to buy a cheap tester but since they are so deep down in there i don't think i could get it to work while the plugs were in the bike.

Any ideas ? send the injectors off for cleaning and balancing ? get new injectors ? i hit them with my volt meter for resistance and all of them were in spec according to the manual PDF. 13.1-13.4 ohms resistance. when i was cleaning them i think the primary only showed 2 steady streams don't they have 4 jet?

it still wont start, any insight ?

thanks

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Do a site search for dealer mode and try that. If the bike throws codes, we know wher to start...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The motor turns over when i hit the run switch , i pulled spark plug 1 and 4 and checked them for spark they are sparking so i have spark. i plugged the sensor from the air box in. its now showing -C00 which is no erro codes so i have no codes.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Is the fuel pump priming when you turn on the key?

Have you done a fuel flow test?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the fuel pump priming when you turn on the key?

Have you done a fuel flow test?
Yes now originally it was not I replaced the pump only pulled it all apart put it back together and cleaned the tank ran evaporust through it for 24 hours I had a lot of rust I'm planning on doing electrolysis to the tank. I ordered a new battery and new primary injectors I dribbled a lil gas down the stack and the bike turned over and fired till that gas burnt off. I'm suspecting the injectors . does anyone know when the 2ndaries pump fuel ? I've got a booster jump box putting power into the battery the one that's on the bike is bad I had left it on a trickle charger up until now. I'm hoping if the new injectors get it running I'll order a set of secondaries I've got spark its not getting fuel. I rebuilt the fuel system up until the injectors and cleaned them but for some reason they are not spraying fuel

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,097 Posts
You didn't answer about the fuel flow testing; see the instructions in the service manual on how to perform one. There's a filter after the pump, which may well be clogged, especially considering the rusted tank and seized pump motor, so a running pump doesn't mean much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HEY ! sorry took me a bit , so turns out i missed an O ring on the fuel sending assembly. i ordered it replaced and its now priming and running, gas tank was rusted, cleaned the tank , changed the fuel pump MOTOR and o ring and fuel sock and now the bike is running again! thanks yall ill do my best to keep updating and coming back , Im also on the FB group GSXR parts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
spydergt
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing