Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has done this yet and what all it entails.im wanting to run the r6 rims just for looks and would like to swap complete assembly for the swingarm and front end as well.any help is greatly appreciated 馃憤

Premium Member
on the SRAD and Busa its the entire front wheel, rotors, caliper and custom axle, the rear is the entire wheel, carrier and rotor.. and any shimming front and rear needed for rotors to line up, 07 should be different as the SRAD wont accept the 07 wheels.. maybe similar? if you don't find an answer buy it all, wheels, axles, rotors, spacers, calipers, carrier so forth, then see whats what?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read a post where someone mentioned they where able to use the r6 wheels by swapping the complete swingarm assembly and front end including forks but never mentioned how or if it's a direct fit.im going with the 06+ r6 front end and swingarm if that's the case my 06 gsxr 600 is currently being built from the motor so I don't have a front end yet or swingarm. Hopefully someone that's done the 06+ r6 front end or swingarm will chime in

Registered
you can swap R6 calipers with the 5mm spacers, easily found online.
i've never heard of a swingarm swap, and frankly it's a bit of a silly idea.

if you dont like the look of the 06 wheels, you can bolt on 08/09 wheels which are slightly different design. you'd need an 08/09 set of rotors if you replace the front

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would do those year rims but I want to change the 3 spoke design to something different.my hayabusa is running 05 r1 rims and it drastically helps to set I apart from the rest if the busas out there and is my goal for 06 gsxr 600.if I could get away with just the r6 rims then I would much rather do that. I'm thinking custom spacers and axle maybe?maybe try utilizing the axle that goes with the rim and go from there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts