Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike wouldn’t start I changed the starter motor and the bike still won’t start what should I check for that can be failing ? And before it stopped starting it was starting without need to hold clutch to start just mentioning if it matters .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My bike wouldn’t start I changed the starter motor and the bike still won’t start what should I check for that can be failing ? And before it stopped starting it was starting without need to hold clutch to start just mentioning if it matters .
And o forgot to mention about the misfiring issue , I can’t really tell if my bike is misfiring after I put new sparkplugs in , how to tell ?

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,146 Posts
When you turn the key, shift to neutral and switch the engine stop switch to RUN, do you hear the fuel pump prime? Do you see CHEC on the dash, or the coolant temperature?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,701 Posts
See the diagram on 9-12 of the service manual. Things are probably OK through the engine stop switch if you can push start it. Should be easy to track down with a multimeter. Sometimes the start switch contacts get corrosion on them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clutch switch is highly suspect. Or the start switch, or the starter relay....
See the diagram on 9-12 of the service manual. Things are probably OK through the engine stop switch if you can push start it. Should be easy to track down with a multimeter. Sometimes the start switch contacts get corrosion on them.

Had to change starter relay , thanks !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts