Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some research on the subject so far, but came up with only one thread that sounded similar to mine.

I have this MASSIVE buzzing that's coming from the front end (most noticable on decel). I noticed that if i jam my fingers between the speedo and the windscreen, alot of it goes away. I am running a Zero Gravity windscreen, but it didn't do it when I first put it on.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to fix it? I can hear it over my earplugs...

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
28 Posts
SpLiZaaT said:
I have done some research on the subject so far, but came up with only one thread that sounded similar to mine.

I have this MASSIVE buzzing that's coming from the front end (most noticable on decel). I noticed that if i jam my fingers between the speedo and the windscreen, alot of it goes away. I am running a Zero Gravity windscreen, but it didn't do it when I first put it on.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to fix it? I can hear it over my earplugs...

Thanks,
Matt

Maybe the bolts/screws just loosened up. Check for loose plugs/wires that could be rattling.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Hmm, I had a pic to show how to fix this but can't find it.. basically I was getting the same thing because further down towards the tip of the screen it actually touches the top plastic above the guages. I ran some sticky foam along the edges there and it's fine. Give it a shot

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had an annoying buzzing sound around 6k RPM's. Noticed after the 600mi service was performed. Turned out to be the fairings - not snug at the snap-ons/plug-ins (whatever you call them). Drove me crazy......

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got billet mirror block-offs that are pretty darn tight and i tightened the windscreen since the first time I heard the rattle and still buzzing!! I think you might be right on the windscreen vibrating on the low tip towards the headlight....I will give that a shot and let you know if it works!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Look at the top of the guage cluster, see that oval shaped piece of plastic.. now stick your hand in there and press to the left or right. You'll see how the windscreen is actually touching the top of the guage cluster. That's where mine was buzzing... foam sticky tape

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.