Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fyi, called up Yosh today and they said the frame sliders for the 06's will not be available for 4-6 weeks
I asked him if the plastic would have to be cut, he said he thinks so.

Under200

·
Registered
111 Posts
you def have to cut...don't bother with no cut..they suck..cutting out a small circle is much better than replacing at least the whole fairing...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
you def have to cut...don't bother with no cut..they suck..cutting out a small circle is much better than replacing at least the whole fairing...
Frame sliders are built to protect the frame, the bodywork protection is usually accident of design. Once the frame is scratched, your bike is considered a write-off by the insurance people.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
AG Racing in the UK has them available now. The Vortex kit is supposed to be available at the end of the month.

If you buy the Vortex frame sliders, buy only the bases. Here's why; when you fall off, the delrin pucks force the base to bend a great deal more than it would otherwise. This sometimes leads to the slider breaking off and you end up with a twatted frame. I've done testing in my own lab, while wearing my labcoat, and it turns out slider bases alone have the best survivability.

Larry Denning, Ben Thomas and if you look at the photos of Team Jordan in AMA - all know this. They run their Vortex sliders without the delrin pucks installed.

Save yourself the money and just get the bases and nothing else.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
So I come to the site t opost this very question and BOOM you guys are on it. From what I saw none of the bikes at Daytona races had sliders yet either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
CSiJason
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing