Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had this bike since 5/1/06 and have enjoyed every one of the 11k mi I have put on it. There are however a few things that I have found to be annoying.

1. Constant missed shifts into 2nd (no its not me).

2. Oil leaking somewhere on the top of the motor. Residual oil is starting to leak over onto the cover. I have to take it to the dealer and have them resolve this issue.

3. The damn left bar-end. It just fell out. An uneccessary $20 for new ones.

4. Valves tapping pretty bad.

Anyone have any other problems?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
they are kinda loud engines from all the ones I heard or have read about, its just the way they are, still preform great and louder exhaust tends to make the engine sounds I assume next to nothing.

lock tight on the bar ends, or at least tighten them after each ride.
the vibrations are well know on them and I started tightening them every time when I heard people were losing them.

oil leak seems like a problem, mine holds oil and coolant fine; i am sure the dealer with fix it its under warranty.

sometimes I don't press up on the shift lever hard enough, I kinda get lazy and wind up in neutral, usually if I ride hard I tend not to mess up on shifting from a stop.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Oil leaking from top of the motor?

I know that one well. Mine turned out to be a defective cylinder head with only 118 miles on the bike (that is not a typo).

Brand new cylinder head put on motor fixed free with warranty. So far, good at 2,700 miles.

Get your bike into Suzuki for that oil leak. And make sure they have ace mechanics to deal with it.

For my troubles of waiting a month for my bike to be repaired, I got Suzuki extended protection coverage until 2012 for only $200 flat. Suzuki stood behind their product. I opened a 'case' with Suzuki corporate customer the day I discovered the leak. Helps to be a squeaky wheel. :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.