Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: 06 600 dyno\'d

No pictures available as the bike went out before i'd posted the graphs.
The map created was not for a roadbike and also incomplete due to time constraints.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Seen this on another forum.

Lastly, the G6k i have done a few more and the 1st was the highest (congrats justin!) so far best was 111.6, worst 106.9, avg 109rwhp. Very nice improvement (comparisonwise, R6 best 109.9, worse 107.1, avg's 108rwhp)

Eric Dorn
EDR PERFORMANCE
www.edrperformance.com
503-MAX-RACE

·
Registered
48 Posts

Here is another on the same forum.

My K6 600 did 102 on the dyno without no mods.

►H¢avyP¢nny Wrecking Crūe™◄

TRACKTIME TRACK GEAR Suspension
Tires Bodywork
Crash protection Stands

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Better check your dyno then Gary, because is seem to remember you claiming high teens for a stock new R6 about a month ago?
Still doesn't change the fact the k6 is 6bhp up on a similar spec k4 now does it??? Maybe me dyno makes numbers up as it pleases ......

And stop stalking me on forums. Are you jealous or gay? Either way i'm flattered ...... ya homo

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Here is another on the same forum.

My K6 600 did 102 on the dyno without no mods.

►H¢avyP¢nny Wrecking Crūe™◄

TRACKTIME TRACK GEAR Suspension
Tires Bodywork
Crash protection Stands
Way to copy my entire signature there buddy. :p

Yes, my bike made those numbers on Monday, 13 March. The day before there was a 2005 R6 on that dyno. It had a full system, Power Commander and aftermarket air filter. It made 106 horsepower.

It's all relative, tell us what your bike made in comparison to another bike that was recently run on that dyno. Unless of course, it's an eddy-current dyno that doesn't need to be recalibrated all the time like inertia dynos.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just had my stock 06 GSXR 600 dyno'd. I put 50 street miles on it over a couple days, running it fairly hard between 6000 & 10000 to generate maximum ring pressure for good break in. No putzing around. Changed the oil and put it on the dyno: did 8 pulls with increasing RPM from 8000 to 12,000. Let it cool then did some pulls up to rev-limiter.

The bike's tach showed rev's maxed at 16500. The dyno showed it hit rev limiter at about 15,400. Max HP was 101.6 This is a fairly new 250i dyno setup.

I was disappointed with the low HP numbers but then I looked at the air-fuel ratio graph - it was incredibly lean! So lean that I can't believe it even got 101 hp. These things shouldn't be ridden without a PowerCommander and a good map!

I'll post the graph shortly.

The PowerCommander goes on next along with a 190 209GP rear tire. I'll do a few pulls with a zero map to see how much HP it takes to spin the extra 4 lbs of larger diameter tire with stock fuel map. Then we'll optimize the map and hope for at least another 5 hp by adding fuel.

Next week I'll have the M4 pipe, BMC filter, 520 conversion and run U4 fuel for more dyno runs. I'll also put the 01 race bike on the dyno which is similarly configured and be able to compare. Hopefully I'll see a lot more mid-range and higher top end HP.

My tuning guy from the last 4 years sold his dyno so I have no baseline. He had an older one so I am sure the numbers won't compare accurately. The old 2001 GSXR in race prep config with U4 fuel would consistantly put out 107 hp. I'll put it in this new dyno and see if there is a difference between them.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi Tim,

My GSXR600K6 made approxiamtely 104 hp out of the crate. Had quite a tight chain and only 17 miles on the clock so expect a few more when it loosens up. Also didn't have the air intake tubes in place as it was still a 'work in progress'...

Less than a 100 miles on the clock and it lost loads of power whilst run properly for the first time. Waiting to plug it in to the Suzuki diagnostic kit to find out what's wrong.

Still using the stock exhaust as the Arrow system is still on it's way from Italy.

Hope we get it sorted as we are off to Valencia testing and racing in just over a week.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts