Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 600 dyno\'d

I dyno'd new 06 60 this morning. Only 40 miles on the clock but it put down 114bhp in totally stock trim.
I'm fitting a full system, powercommander and ignition module in the next 24 hours so will post up graphs later when its done.
What wasn't good was the lack of midrange compared to an 05 bike!!

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,544 Posts
Re: 06 600 dyno\'d

damn, that is like a 10 hp jump over the previous generations

·
Registered
400 Posts

Holy cow! That's a lot of power for a 600! I want one

I have a buddy picking up a yellow/black 750 wed. I hope to dyno that soon.

How much tq did it pick up Tim?

·
Registered
121 Posts

That's great (for 06 Gixxer owners at least). Can you tell us what dyno was used and how it compares to other Gixxer 600s or any other 600s you have dyno'd with various modifications?

Was this a dyno break-in or a street break-in?

I picked my 06 600 up the other day but managed only 7 miles then the weather got bad.

·
Registered
517 Posts

One of my Kawasaki friends told me that the new 600 would only dyno 108 at best , im glad I can show him this and piss him off ..

·
Registered
121 Posts

FYI, This is the smoothest shifting transmission I've ever seen. Makes my 2001 GSXR 600 tranny feel like it was from a Harley!

Looks like the forks have changed, at least on the inside with some different valving, a new mid-valve and some other minor changes.

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Right, what a day. 2 powercommanders and my laptop all blew up!! And its 11pm here and i've just got home from the workshop. Don't work on bikes for a living .......
From memory, the bike put out 114bhp with i think 46ft lb torque. I did haven't a totally stock k4/k5 to compare to as all the ones i've run on my dyno (dynojet 250i) have had at least an end can. They were all around 104/105bhp and 47ftlb torque, so this new one is a bit off that. The power curve was about 8bhp lower than the older bikes up until something like 12 or 13k revs so like i said its lacking midrange. It does rev higher so this midrange loss will be taken up with the gearing.
As for break-in ...... my customer took it to the track the other day and did a couple of sessions. First at 70% throttle and the 2nd flat out. So really no break in or perhaps some would prefer to call it the motoman method!!
What i can tell you is the packaging is shit. At least as bad as a cbr600rr i thought. In other words if you want to connect up a pc3 or get at anything it sucks.
One of the powercommanders that shit itself was for this bike. I put one off a k4 on after (same unit) and got the bike running at 10.15pm but fuck mapping at that time of night. I'll map it in the morning and post the results up here tomorrow night.
Oh and lastly the stock exhaust weighs more than jabba the hut, so bin the piece of wank.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,544 Posts

you would think that an exhaust half the size of a standard one would be lighter......

thanks for the updates Tim

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It must be made of solid pig iron. Honestly, its like a fucking buell exhaust the big thing they've put underneath. Its not that long, but is very wide and also contains the cat. I'll ask my customer to weigh it at his workshop tomorrow. Header pipes were good quality. Exup valve fitted as stock but i threw that shit straight in the bin as well.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

Yeah thanks for info Tim

the weight on that pipe would be interesting

·
Registered
121 Posts

The lack of mid-range on the dyno imay be due to lean mapping from the factory. If you look at the Powercommander map DynoJet has for the stock 06 gixxer, it adds up to 45 points of additional fuel starting at 7000 up to 12000. Its probably lean out of the box to help it meet emmission requirements and better mpg.

Looks like I won't get to ride mine for a while. GMD wants to measure it and get numbers. Will revalve/spring the forks and setup a Penski while it's there.

Can't wait to re-map it and get it on the track with pipe, B&C filter and U4 fuel!! Should be a huge improvement over the 2001.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Seems a bit of a happy dyno, we have seen 3 k6's run on the dyno.
All stock.
105.5 bhp
105.9 bhp
106.7 bhp.

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Seems a bit of a happy dyno, we have seen 3 k6's run on the dyno.
All stock.
105.5 bhp
105.9 bhp
106.7 bhp.
We got to go down this dyno figures route again Gary????

My machine is a dynojet 250i and it reads pretty well the same within a horsepower of every other 250i for those that want clarification.
Give me half hour and i'll get the graphs up. And i'll show it against k4's so that the figures give meaning.

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Here is the first one. A totally stock 06 vs an 04 with race can (edit. just looked at map, it had a filter and loads of mileage too). Neither mapped. Excuse the non totally stock k4 but i couldn't find one in my runfiles.

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Here is the k6 with yoshi 180/360 4-2-1 system, pc3 and ignition module.

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

And lastly, here is the k6 with full yosh system and mapped as above against a k4 with full arrow system, mapped that had loads of mileage on it.

·
Engine Tuning God
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

The lack of mid-range on the dyno imay be due to lean mapping from the factory.
Absolutely right, it was extremely lean. I wouldn't run one of these with an exhaust change and no pc3!!

·
Registered
121 Posts

Are you willing to share your maps? It would save me some expensive dyno development time to get a good base map to start from.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts