Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not much of a reader.
2007 Suzuki gsxr 750
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode to my buddies place with no issues. Upon leaving, my bike didnt start. Thought it was the batteryeven though it was a new one, tried jump starting it but didn't turn.

So I put in 1st and it started but I had to rock it first. It's the only way to start it.

Anyone have this issue and if so, how did you fix it?

Thankyou in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Problem points to the Gear Position Switch. But rocking the bike could have rocked a bad connection somewhere. Start by checking all fuses for corrosion use an Electronic Clean and lube spray to clean fuses and connectors as you disconnect / reconnect them. Service Manual goes through this step by step. Here.

·
Not much of a reader.
2007 Suzuki gsxr 750
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for the reply craig!

So far I checked all fuses including the starter relay and all are good. One thing I did noticed was the FI light came on even though last year I replaced the servo buddy but don't think that would cause the issue I currently have.
As for connections, I managed to check most of them but will pull out the service manual and see if I missed some.
I saw that someone had the throttle start button fused together( under the killswitch). I will be taking that apart as well to see if that's the case.

·
Not much of a reader.
2007 Suzuki gsxr 750
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That link helped. So the code I got was a C21 which is air intake temp.

I will go over all connections surrounding the air box but I'm thinking it's because my rectifier is now located in my air box. Either or is the issue, has to be.

I checked my tip over sensor as well and that seems to be in good shape. I will keep you posted unless you have an idea as well.

Thankyou for your help, I appreciate you craig

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Interesting problem C21. You can do all these tests with a simple multi meter, The P codes in the manual refer to the Suzuki Diagnostics Tool, which only Suzuki Dealers have. But you can use a multi meter to test voltage and continuity.
The manual starts by checking the circuit and then checking the sensor. You will need the needle point probes for your multi meter.
It could be the R-R but that should not be getting hot, if so there is a problem with it. The replacement R-R for these models solved this problem. Item #5 Here.

·
Not much of a reader.
2007 Suzuki gsxr 750
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking it could be the RR as I relocated it in my air box, got to hot and possibly popped. I sure wish not and would be something less expensive and easier to get.
I removed my airbox to see if any connections were not connected properly but all seems in working order. I will diagnose all connections and fuses to ensure all are working properly.
I checked all my fuses including the tip over just incase.

·
Not much of a reader.
2007 Suzuki gsxr 750
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting problem C21. You can do all these tests with a simple multi meter, The P codes in the manual refer to the Suzuki Diagnostics Tool, which only Suzuki Dealers have. But you can use a multi meter to test voltage and continuity.
The manual starts by checking the circuit and then checking the sensor. You will need the needle point probes for your multi meter.
It could be the R-R but that should not be getting hot, if so there is a problem with it. The replacement R-R for these models solved this problem. Item #5 Here.
UPDATE

I located the IATS and cleaned it, somewhat dirty but didn't seem damaged. I immediately noticed noticed that it is located right above my RR where i relocated it. I'm thinking the heat from the RR threw off the IATS in which gave me the code C21. I will put my RR back in its original position until i find a better secure place for it. Reason why i relocated it is that when i'm on the track, its one less part to replace and well with the amount of air flow the RR gets in the airbox, i thought it would be a suitable place for it.

Thanks for all your help Craigfer63, i appreciate you. Cheers!

·
Not much of a reader.
2007 Suzuki gsxr 750
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I first thought was the wiring harness underneath the clutch side fairing as when I moved it, the bike started then didn't after. I knew immediately it was that or something connected to it.

Checked the starter, wiring underneath the airbox, wires around the battery, tip over sensor and nothing until... I wiggled the turn signal relay and voila! Disconnected it, cleaned the connectors and done. Bike started everytime I tried it.
After reading the issues that may cause, it also said that the kickstand sensor may be an issue as well. All sensors seem to be cheap to purchase so I will be purchasing them soon.

With that being said, for an 07 750 with less than 20k on it I just can't wrap my head around issues like this so early. I mean, I take care of this bike like my kids.

Well that's it for now lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts