Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 600K1 at the moment and I have a £4000 pay out comming my way. I`ve done the sums and part exing my 6 I can get a new ZX10 with the cash. I would go for the Gixxer1000 but that exhaust is not what I like, and teh extra £££ to buy a new one bumps the price up plust there aren`t so many deals on the Gixxers.

My question is, is the ZX10R as bad assed as the write ups say? Is it a MASSIVE jump from a 600 to the 1000? II`ve worked on the principle that it`s a smaller jump from a 600 to a thou than it was from never riding a sportsbike to the Gixxer6. Just have to respect the thouh ALOT more. Any ine riden a ZX? Do they rot as bad as teh Gixxer does when it sees rain???

Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Buy a new 750 with the money saved get a new muffler and some new gear or something. To me having a liter bike is overkill when can you actually push it to its limits to get what the bike can really do? Save the money now on price and insurance and get a more practical yet fast bike.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I will tell you hands down, a GSXR600 or even 750 can not even shake a stick at the ZX10.

Off the line through second gear you will be close after that you will be eating his exhaust.

And higher gear roll ons.....kiss your butt good bye.

So YES the ZX10 is a HUGE difference.....as is the GSXR1000. And I suspect the 05 GSXR1k is a whole new beast. Compare the hp numbers and you can tell

600- 100hp approx
750- 125hp approx
1000-155hp+ approx
NEW 1k's or ZX + even more!!!

So you are looking at a easy 1/3 more hp over a 600!!! Thats a lot!!

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Check the price on aftermarket stuff before you buy a kaw lmao... WAY MORE!!! Gsxr's are a dime a dozen lots of parts and there cheap, and the bikes are very reliable.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I agree.
I have friends with Kawis. Granted the new models make good power and do look better. They are still lacking as a "finished" product. Lots of little quirky designed stuff done cheaply, and reliability is an issue on all of them.

GSXR's or CBRs can't go wrong!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts