Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
The one screw at the bottom of the speedo? Why? Is there a turn signal wire connector down there somewhere? I have a new Puig screen I need to put on mine, so a little more detailed info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes the screw holds the speedo guage in along with two push pin rubber grommet type connectors which are hidden behind the speedo. The turn signal wires run through the middle hole of the three on each side of the windscreen and must be disconnected behind the speedo. It is easier than it sounds.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The mirrors need to come off, you can access the wiring plugs which are colour coded left and right with out removing the instruments and draw the wiring back up through the fairing. The screws holding the screen on are not all the same length so reinstall in the same position.

·
Registered
139 Posts
before reading this ....i was down at myrtle and started to take the windscreen off...relaxed that the wire ran thru the windscreen and decided to call it quits and wait till got back to cleveland to put it on.....the rubber screw receiver slipped off and fell behind the speedo......so i had to do take it off in the hot ass sun....and put a few scratches on the fron fairings as well....

take your time, stay out of the sun and have a lot of patience....or take to a shop

·
Registered
54 Posts
This took me longer that I had originally thought that it would. Take your time and you will be fine. It took me around an hour. Most of the time was spent re-running the cables and getting everything lined-up and squared away.

·
Registered
534 Posts
After reading the tips and advice in this posting I went ahead and put on my Puig windscreen, thanks to the advice posted here it took me at most 30 min. from beginning to end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.