Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 sub\'s and stay\'s

I just have run the first of the new GSX-R 1000 subframe, and things are looking pretty damn good. I didn't go with what everyone else is running , just because of the leverage issue ? All I have seen to date are sub-frame's with the passenger piece still mounted to the rider frame , and that to me is just too damn long , with too much leverage to do serious damage to the frame of the bike . the price for the sub is $250 + $30 shipping stay is $100 + $20 shipping . Don't forget we fix what we sell, so if ya wadd it up , send it back prepaid BOTH WAYS and we will re-jig it for peanuts compared to buying a new one . I wish I knew how to upload a pic ?

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Re: 05 sub\'s and stay\'s

the stock sub is a two piece unit just unbolt the pass. part and the rider part is perfect, it stops just past the seat. a small p[iece of aluminium from that holds the tail from bouncing. the cost for the two factory spars are less than 250.00. wheres the gain?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well, I guess the savings would be in WEIGHT , and the fact that Suzuki won't fix em ? Also MOST aftermarket sub's are made for the rear sub(passenger part) to be used in the mounting of the tail section. And try to get a sub at this time from Suzuki ? Errrr...Unmmm
aaaaa......ya we have them , but they are on backorder from Japan.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts

just the free fixing alone is worth it

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

$250 you say ? I just priced out a new one at the local shop, and it was $900 CDN Now I know it will be a bit cheaper down south .........but not $650 cheaper ? Now I know you can buy a hot one on EBAY and maybe you will get it , and maybe you won't get it . I personally don't support the horse thieves .

·
Registered
9,968 Posts

Full retail cost for each of the subframe spares are $186 and $215 for the passenger section.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts

just putting the numbers out there

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Wow Adam The spar's up here were $450 ea and the rear sub was 400 full pop ! I'm just puttin the numbers out there as well, as not EVERY rece gets dealer cost right off the top.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts

funny, i ordered two spars and the pass part last week ( didnt know i didnt need the rear part at the time ) and in 5 days BAM there they are. so much for not being able to get them and as for cost, i do get a really good discount. ive spent enough money there! and as for weight, come on, these things weigh next to nothing and their still in the box! didnt mean to bash your sub man. just tellin it like it is ( for me ).

·
The Shocker
5,211 Posts

Adam.. I'd like to see where you're finding those prices.. RonAyers fiche tells a much different story. (at least for 04-05 600/750 subframes)

·
Registered
9,968 Posts

bmf--no, 186 x 2 plus the 215 for the back section if you need it.

Dustin--http://www.alpha-sports.com RonAyers doesn't have fiche up for the k5's yet but somehow these monkeys do

·
Registered
9,968 Posts

Is everyone having trouble reading my English?

I clearly said they were 186 per spar plus the passenger section.

I went further to say 186 x 2 + 215.

·
The Shocker
5,211 Posts

These new subframes are expensive... sucks!

even ebay auctions are going for like $350+ for the entire thing.

Webcrush.. I probably just read the first part and wanted to believe you could get complete subframes for like 186-ish

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Hummm suddenly twofidy don't sound so bad
and with a warrantee ?

·
Registered
9,968 Posts

I've used Skidd's subframe's for the past 4 years and they are great, light, and his repairmanship is top notch.

The ONLY reason I'm not using one right now is that they're not SuperStock legal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts