Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told stock to stock with equal rider, the '05 R1 is stronger than the '04zuk. DOes anyone know how true is this? If it is true, do you think the same applies to all years as such. For example, the '06 zuk vs '07R1. Which do you think will be the stronger or faster?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would think the 04 zook can stand toe to toe with an 05 R1 as they have very simular power, given equal rider ability, I say it would be a good race. Given a better rider on a slower bike will always prevail, within reason. Nickey Hayden on a 250 ninja probably wont beat me on a 1000, but you know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
gixxereater said:
I would think the 04 zook can stand toe to toe with an 05 R1 as they have very simular power, given equal rider ability, I say it would be a good race. Given a better rider on a slower bike will always prevail, within reason. Nickey Hayden on a 250 ninja probably wont beat me on a 1000, but you know what I mean.
I disagree.
He would beat you on a bmx....
with two flat tires, and leaky front forks.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
alex_howard_2001 said:
I was told stock to stock with equal riders, the '05 R1 is stronger than the '04zuk.

FYI, rider ability has no effect on dyno readings......no worries.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
My brothers friend has a K4 with a full exhaust on it. He weighs about as much as me. My K6 would pull on his K4 with ease. Starting from the dig he did a little better but I still pulled way ahead by the end of first gear. Freeway roll ons at like 50mph were no competition, I would pull on him like if he was riding a 600. I think he may have had a weak K4 though because it was a bit ridiculous how badly I beat him.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have to agree that the R1 vs 1k race is going to go to the better rider. I guess anyone can do a roll on race but still need to be able to shift the bike so thats my opinion...all about the riders abilities

·
Registered
396 Posts
Alex- Seen too many of your posts always asking would this bike beat that one or my lee Stage X vs XYZ. Sounds like you have a powerphobia...

Why worry about the measly 180-200 hp litre bikes when for about the same money as a new litre bike you can have piece and mind for several years unless you run another turbo! buy a used low milage 03-05 busa for about 7k ish.

Next step, for another 5 k get a ghetto kit installed for 230-240 ish and 140= foot lbs of tq. When you get used too all that tq/hp and want more for another 5-7k build the motor/tranny and upgrade the turbo

If you need a visual convincing scroll through teh posts for some vids

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=84060.0

when your all done, come back and tell us how ya whupped the new 1k, R1, Zx-10 and 14

P.S. Turbos don't care how many Mc'D 's with fries ya been eating either :)

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
RRG said:
Alex- Seen too many of your posts always asking would this bike beat that one or my lee Stage X vs XYZ. Sounds like you have a powerphobia...

Why worry about the measly 180-200 hp litre bikes when for about the same money as a new litre bike you can have piece and mind for several years unless you run another turbo! buy a used low milage 03-05 busa for about 7k ish.

Next step, for another 5 k get a ghetto kit installed for 230-240 ish and 140= foot lbs of tq. When you get used too all that tq/hp and want more for another 5-7k build the motor/tranny and upgrade the turbo

If you need a visual convincing scroll through teh posts for some vids

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=84060.0

when your all done, come back and tell us how ya whupped the new 1k, R1, Zx-10 and 14

P.S. Turbos don't care how many Mc'D 's with fries ya been eating either :)

LMFAO!!!
:lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.