Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

'05 Mirror Fixes?

737 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  45592 
G
#1 ·
\'05 Mirror Fixes?

Before I start hearing comments like "who cares what's behind you," and "blah, blah, blah," let me say I DO! I was on the Palisades Parkway the other day, in the high-speed lane, doing about 95MPH + only to find a State Trooper pass me, with lights and siren on, giving me a certain look of disapproval. But, luckily, he was going somewhere else.

My point being... I did not hear him (of course; helmet), but did not see him either (of course; the mirrors suck.) Any solutions out there?

#3 ·
Re: \'05 Mirror Fixes?

I just went to Kmart and picked up a couple wide angle blind spot mirrors, placed em on the inside upper corner. Most of the stock mirror picks up what is behind me and the angled ones pick up what is beside me. I used round rotating ones on my 600 before, but after awhile they rotated on their own making them useless.

Send one of those high-speed lanes this way. I could use one between home/work. How fast is high-speed?

G
#4 ·

I just went to Kmart and picked up a couple wide angle blind spot mirrors, placed em on the inside upper corner. Most of the stock mirror picks up what is behind me and the angled ones pick up what is beside me. I used round rotating ones on my 600 before, but after awhile they rotated on their own making them useless.

Send one of those high-speed lanes this way. I could use one between home/work. How fast is high-speed?
High-speed meaning far left lane. The speed limit was 65MPH.

I was thinking about those stick-on mirrors. Maybe I'll check them out.

Thanks.

#7 ·

U can always get a rear-mount camera and screen. though put u back about 500$ or so.

D

#9 ·

High-speed meaning far left lane. The speed limit was 65MPH.

I was thinking about those stick-on mirrors. Maybe I'll check them out.

Thanks.
The Palisade's Pway has a 55mph limit and the cops are everywhere. You real lucky you didnt get stopped. I took it up to Harriman this past Sunday and went 65-70 the whole way

G
#10 ·

The Palisade's Pway has a 55mph limit and the cops are everywhere. You real lucky you didnt get stopped. I took it up to Harriman this past Sunday and went 65-70 the whole way
Damn straight I'm lucky. I completely did not get out of his way at all. He had to go around me; when I'm doing close to 100MPH! The look on his face was classic. And, I was very nervous until I realized he had somewhere more important to go.

#11 ·

blkjckss has the mirrors you want. On mine(yellow) I have the '03 mirrors which kinda suck too but on my friends(black) he has the '04 mirrors which I can see great with.
They stick out much further.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.