Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 4 weeks of down time i finally got my bike back together. If you guys remember this bike was yellow and black when i first got her. Unfortunately, i hit gravel one day as i was pulling over to the side of the street and low side her. It sucked im a pretty good rider and it even happened to me. Maybe next time i will be more aware of what’s on the side of the road. I think i was having so much fun on the bike that i was clueless. Anyway i had to replace the shifter, stator cover, and a couple plastics. All the yellow plastics were sent to a local body shop and sprayed matte black, i got a new black front upper and removed the sticker. I know that the limited doesn’t have the orange gsxr sticker, but i like it so im leaving it on. This weekend i am going to get the Suzuki sticker put on the bottom of the plastics. I also got some grip tape and covered the yellow on the tank, and also help with gripping the tank with your knees, what a great idea would you not say. I was going to go on a ride today , but of course it started to rain all in all it cost me $700 to get her back to normal. So what do you guys think, she’s a winner or not. I think it looks good. Needs a pipe now!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow that shit looks great man. What a great idea. I would not put on any more stickers on but the bike looks great sorry about the fall.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man i might just do that and leave the suzuki stickers off. I cant beleave its raining today after, at least it will be sunny tomarrow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here you go guys i took some more pics, i think my camera is really shitty sorry.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
it really looks impressive man.

it's not your camera, just a black bike in a dark garage. I say wheel it outside of weather permits and give it another go ;-)

gonna dump those front reflectors?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Na, not for now. The way my luck has been going with this bike so far. I would have some old hag side swipe me because its to hard for her to see the bike. I'll leave it on for now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yea, by the way. I have some extra plastics for this bike, they are not damage at all they just have been painted matte black. But i decide to go with factory raplacements instead. So PM me a message and i will get back to you, I have a front upper, and a left & right uppers as well.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Looks cool, but i'd put the stickers on just so its different than the SE all black. A little more custom that way.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I personally think if you pulled off that orange "R" and replaced it with a red one, then went with some red rim strips it would lookin amazing.. what do you guys thinik? as well as a carbon slip on system.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
i love it,love the R, but dump the grip tape and just use gloss black vinal.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Looks good. Not feeling the grip on the tank but it saved you money and covered up the yellow. Looks sweet.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Except for the R and the grip tape...this is the first time I've liked the K5 look. I give it 9 out of 10 pissin' monkeys

1 - 20 of 21 Posts