Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it gets power to the odometer but not the fuel pump or the starter I’m thinking possibly the kill switch. the motor turns over when you touch both sides of the starter. I’ve checked the other forums and got a idea of what it could be. But I was hoping someone would have an direct response to this issue to atleast help get me on the right track. Thank you

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,451 Posts
No one is going to be able to say exactly what your issue is, so you'll have to go through the diagnostic procedures to find the problem.

You said you don't get power to the fuel pump or starter. There's no direct link between those two systems. So when you turn the key on, you don't hear the fuel pump prime? Start with the obvious stuff.

1. Check the fuses, are they all good?
  2. Is the bike in neutral?
  3. Unplug the right switch pod. Find the wires for the kill switch (Orange/Black and Orange/White). Connect a multimeter across them on the switch side. Does it read continuity with the switch on, and open circuit with it off?
  4. Switch your meter to DC voltage. From the harness side of that same plug, Does the Orange/Black wire have 12V with the key on and bike in neutral?
Once you have answers to these questions, come back and we'll prescribe more tests either up stream, or down stream from the switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So found the wires are corroded in kill switch and Chec was showing on odometer so order replacement for both. Should get em in a few days and will update again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts