Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
you dont need one. I have a K5 and took the mudflap off in 5 min. The mudflap is held on by 4 screws. You just unscre those...........you have to cut the wire that is leading to the license plate light, electrical tape it, and push it back up in the hole it came from (you will see where that is). You can then mount your plate way up in. If you look in front of the back tire under the bike you will see a little lip of plastic. You can drill two holes in there and mount your plate. I will try to get pics of mine on here for you so you can see but its easy as hell. Dont spend any un-needed cash.

·
Registered
163 Posts
my buddy has an 05 1000. he removed the mud flap using the same precedure. it looks good and doesn't cost a dime. Try that method before spending a ton of $ on an eliminator. you may find that this is just as satisfying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So has anyone actually seen a proper eliminator???
The location you suggest would cause me no end of legal issues here in Australia.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
you dont need one. I have a K5 and took the mudflap off in 5 min. The mudflap is held on by 4 screws. You just unscre those...........you have to cut the wire that is leading to the license plate light, electrical tape it, and push it back up in the hole it came from (you will see where that is). You can then mount your plate way up in. If you look in front of the back tire under the bike you will see a little lip of plastic. You can drill two holes in there and mount your plate. I will try to get pics of mine on here for you so you can see but its easy as hell. Dont spend any un-needed cash.

That's stupid, there is no need to cut the LP light. Just open up the trunk and look down the wire a little, there a plastic connector there, just pop it off and run the wire out through the hole in the tail, you might want to use that wire again.

The 2 I've seen are the Rg-racing and competition werks

http://www.rg-racing.com/licence-plate-hanger/suzuki-GSXR-1000k5-license-fitting.html

http://www.competitionwerkes.com/Catalog/05_gsxr_1000_4189259.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts