Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 05 gixxer 750 and when i checked the speedo with our other car i found that the speedo on the bike is about 7 miles per hour over what the car says( e.g. bike says 67 when car says 60) im pretty sure its not the car because its a fairly new car. does anybody else have this problem or know how accurate the speedo on the bike should be?

any input appreciated.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
The bikes are off from the factory.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Yeah by ~ 10 %
If it matters to you get a speedo healer to fix it
Or change the gearing which will make it so far off you won't give a shit anyhow

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what is a speedo healer? how does it work and were do i get one?

·
Registered
297 Posts
i know you can get one from bluegauges.com, but i have no clue how they work. but all bike's are overclocked from the factory.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Your speedometer and odometer are run off from the front sprocket, usually the odometer is on par but the speedometer is usually off 8% to 10 % from factory. A speedo healer will correct the error with some input when programming it. A yellow box will do the same but speedohealer is cheaper in price and is more accurate with a top speed recall button. It's worth every penny, got mine for $99.00.
If your decide to regear your bike then you can reprogram the speedo healer to the new gearing and be accurate with your speed.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Or, you could mount a bicycle computer on it for about $20, then you will have 100% accuracy.
the only draw back is that you still rack up the miles....

it's nice to have, if you change gearing - nice to know exactly how fast your going,
specially when being paced by a cop....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the speedo healer sounds pretty good, does anybody have one? also what is that bicycle computer?

·
Registered
545 Posts
the speedo healer sounds pretty good, does anybody have one? also what is that bicycle computer?
here is the one I had on my 01 gix... goes triple digits,
lock in your high speed, has a trip meter, stop watch, clock etc...

I used a bigger magnet that fit right inside the rotor and mounted the sensor to the
inside front part of the fender... fucken thing works great - %100 accurate....
I put-m on all my bikes now.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Shoot a link for that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts