Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i have a blue and black 05 750. Akrapovic full evo exhast, Power comander, kevlar brake lines, BMC race air filter, Woodcraft rearsets, titainium exhaust hanger, Suzuki sliders and bar endz. I am looking to cut more wieght off the bike and get more HP out of it. I am taking it to the dyno hopefully tuesday to tune the powercomander in and see the HP i have now. I am guessing around 135-140 or so i hope! I am still running stock gears in it and can pull it up in second now by double tappin the throttle! Any thing else i can do to get some more power in my baby?.... Thanks NUTZY

·
Registered
144 Posts
should have saved all the money you spent on aftermarket parts and bought the 1000 if you feel the 750 isn't enough power for you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
new chain and sprocket 4 in the rear and 1 in the front- shit will go up in 3rd gear....rear shock will help handling....

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
haha sorry I think your hp #'s are a little high

all u have is a fully system. So just give yourself 5 to 10hp.

As far as needing more power - gear it yes, or go to the track. I doubt you use HALF of her potential. In fact the records for the tracks here are Texas are owned from a gix 750 and a 6 for the smaller tighter ones.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
should have saved all the money you spent on aftermarket parts and bought the 1000 if you feel the 750 isn't enough power for you.
Gonna have to agree.

Is it really not quick enough? Where are you riding this thing? The track I hope. But, I am going to guess not. Sounds like your goal is to get the front end up easier. If that is the case, the bike doesnt need more power. The bike will come up whenever you want it to once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rohm Performance Machine did a full Yosh, Power Commander, and Yosh drop-in cams on an 05 750 and it laid down 143 at the wheel. Get the Yosh cams.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's cool. I have always wondered about the cams on the Yoshi web site.
An do what you feel like.
Some poeple get bikes to race, some get them to ride and have fune on the street and make them into fun projects. Do what you like.

·
Registered
535 Posts
get some chrome and bling it out. everyone knows that bling adds power.
+1... and don't forget the stickers... those add major hp too!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
trade it for a yellow and black...everyone knows they have more power than the blue bikes
haha forgot about the power issue

dude i would suggest you telling us WHY or WHAT you want the power for.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
trade it for a yellow and black...everyone knows they have more power than the blue bikes
haha forgot about the color issue

dude i would suggest you telling us WHY or WHAT you want the power for.

·
Registered
398 Posts
When it comes to power, there is no replacement for displacement.
Get it bored out.

But really, is your 750 not fast enough for you? Its got more horsepower than r1's a generation or two ago. If your just riding on the street, there is no need. If you want more power, just rev it higher.

I ride a gixxer 6 and it has puuuhlenty of power for the street and twisties. No need to go 175 in the twisties.. or anywhere on the street for that matter.

If you want to shed weight from it, dont eat at mcdonalds anymore.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Cams... definitely get the cams. With them degreed right, you can get about 10-12 hp. With the full race, Power Commander (with the right map), and cams, you shouldn't have a problem putting down 140. Depending on what you want the power for, gearing it might help a bit to (dropping a couple up front for more torque or dropping a few in back for more speed).

·
Registered
640 Posts
Cams would be a good start, but you'll have to have the PC remapped. Try some magnesium wheels. They are the single best improvement anyone can do to a bike.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
great another helpful comment from a non Red R

Im just busting his balls, so if you don't know what im talking about, dont go start up another flame war

·
Banned
952 Posts

Im just busting his balls, so if you don't know what im talking about, dont go start up another flame war
im not part of the red R posse, so i can be as unhelpful as i want.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts

oh, sorry, i forgot

·
Banned
952 Posts

oh, sorry, i forgot
its okay, i forgive you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts